• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

450 snow blower refurb

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Matt I did remove the bolt

217390.jpg

This nut does seem to have a shoulder on it , but if it was ever welded its long ago give it up lol.I have to study this and repair it . If I have room I could weld the nut fast again by drilling the plate to get weld area. This will take some study
1a_scratchhead.gif

The best fix would be to remove the rockshaft and weld the nut back on. You don't need to do this unless you need down pressure on an attachment, which you most certainly do not need with the 450. You want that to be able to float, and it can/will with the bolt removed.

Matt G

You are correct on the float, But having taken this apart and putting it back together I think these arms will give me all the float I will need on my Paved drive.

217393.jpg

I`am losing lift with all the drift and must repair that before I can adjust the lift bar to set its float.I think to much float will give a smaller than 4" lift. Art A would know as he has one of these also with a poor lift. I think I will still try a cylinder for lift later. I just need time to have a look at what I think I will ned to Mod. Thanks for your help .
beerchug.gif

I have a factory lift bar off a 1811 !

Is the lift rod bent or bending? Does the 450 manual say anything about installing the float lockout bolt?

The right way to fix it is still to remove the rockshaft and re-weld the nut onto the arm.

Don,

That nut was most likely a "clinch-nut"... It is pressed into a hole and it expands to hold it...

Matt Gonitzke

the lift rod is not bent or bending , The 450 manual just say to adjust and when proper adjustment is reached there will be 4" of lift. I get about 2" of lift .

Scott Tanner... 149 showing signs of life!!!
I do think you are correct with the clinch nut , but because the bolt was in there and the nut was moving around the hole is wallowed out . I might try the nut and some blue locktite and a few washers to use this winter. I just don`t want to take this all apart now and when I get a new fan then I will remove the drive shaft and weld that nut in place. For now I will put the bolt back in and use a locking nut and make it tight. I hope this will work and will save me having to take this apart now. Thanks Guys

I think all of my tractors have a very small glob of weld holding that nut on. Perhaps it broke off and wore away on yours.

Don-
You won't want to lock-out the float in the rockshaft, so just leave the bolt (and the nut) out. I've never had a bolt in either of mine.

You know about this FAQ, right?

How to get more lift from an 82-series

On another note, one thing you want to be careful of, is that blower lift assembly. DO NOT let that blower slide off the edge of a curb or driveway while you're using it. If you do, the rockshaft on the blower will over-center and you'll jam the lift assembly and either bend the lift rod, or worse, bend the tractor's rockshaft. Been there, done BOTH! If you do happen to slide the blower off of a ledge (even a small one) back up the tractor so that everything is on level ground BEFORE you hit the hydraulic lift-lever.

Art A

I did read that awhile back looking around . I will like the extra lift and will do that mod. I had the blower running and well the spirals don`t move very fast I see. I do have video and will try to add it on here.Would be nice to see what you think. Thanks as always , i`ll get her working lol
thumbsup_old.gif

Don, unless my eyes are seeing things wrong, it looks like something is put together backwards because it looks like the spiral is pushing the snow to the outrside rather than pull it toward the center to the blower fan.

Don, looks like the augers are on the wrong sides. I should have looked closer at your still picture. You can see it then.

Brad Borchers

Well it looks like you are correct !
bash.gif

I have to go to the post office and get my cab and then change the spirals around.I guess the left will have to go on the other side.No big deal just an hrs work lol.
bash.gif

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

Well the Cab arrived here and I don`t think I have a complete Cab.If you have one of these please tell me what i`am missing.
1a_scratchhead.gif

217417.jpg

"Oh I know what happened! Art helped him put them on."

Now we just have to figure out which is worse, putting on AG tires backwards, or installing the auger backwards.

Don-
Look at the plus side... You've just made the worlds BEST snow CATCHER!
err.gif

Guys I have started to take the blower apart to fix my error.I looked at the picture and thought I had them in the right way but after starting the tractor I saw my mistake. No big deal to fix that, Just take it apart again lol.

Latest posts

Back