• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

450 snow blower refurb

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott Tanner... 149 showing signs of life!!!

Nice job
worthy.gif
on that 42". I have the lovejoy coupling here for the 42" but want to do something to the chute on my 450 . it has a spiral gear to move the chute to another direction.I must find the axis in " for a full rotaion and see what I can do.Might have to give this some thought
1a_scratchhead.gif
. Thanks for that info, you do nice work.
worthy.gif

Snow
217045.jpg

I hope it snows 12" at least . well a little more and I will have to use the 149 and the 54" blade lol

I think I got lucky again ! I found this for the top chute adjustment , I will install it and I should be able to adjust the top chute on my 450 snow blower from inside my Windbreaker. This will be great not having to get out to adjust the top chute.
old.gif

217290.jpg

What you all think will this work ? I will have to install the window winder for chute rotation also. I hope it get all these done before we get snow here. The wind breaker left Maine on the 24 and still has not arrived. I have to go in my shop in the AM with three oil changes to do and study the chute rotation mod. Life is GOOD
thumbsup_old.gif

Don-
Where did you get that? I'd love to get one on my #450. I HATE adjusting that darn chute-cap. I can never seem to get it just right...

Don, Good find! The cables are $27- $29 each... Mount on the crank support & you'll enjoy throwin' snow more & the windshield stays cleaner.

Home of the Plow Special

Art
I was talking to Kent Wood From Prince Edward Island on the phone and he said he has a chute controller but never used it. He said he would send it over to me as he did not need it on his 450 snow blower. I will find out from him what it was removed from. I think you could find one of these controllers of a walk behind snow blower. I have seen walk behinds have this type of controller and you should stop at a small engine shop and see if they have any junked snow blowers that you might be able to get the controller from. I emailed Kent this am for info on the controller and will post when he gets back to me .I will have my windbreaker Monday so the tracking number says, so The diesel will have to be set up for snow removal as soon as the Cab gets here. I will install two lights on the blower also as you did on your 1450. Later Don T

Art A

I`am told that the chute adjuster is off a 661 snow blower. Now you can have one for your tractor. I think it will come in real handy around here with all the objects in my way ( house ,pool,fiver,shed,garage, trees ect).Hope my Cab gets here Monday and I will be pulling out my hair getting it installed and the blower mounted.That will only leave lights yet to install and I will be ready for the white stuff lol.
greenthumb.gif

Art A

I looked and could not find a 661 snow blower
1a_scratchhead.gif
. But I see a 551 has an option for the chute controller, assembly 603-0302-0498 is the order number. I also see a 621 has it also. Good luck in your quest for one for your 450.
old.gif

Well I installed the 450 today and i`am some glad I did not wait for a snow storm to put it on .I have got about 2" lift and need to fix that. the blower runs real quiet ,can`t hear it over the diesel.Now off with the tunnel cover and see why there is play in there.

board-post.pl

Well I had a look to see what is up and PO has a bolt in the rock shaft and its sloppy
bash.gif
bash.gif
. I can beat that ,the rear ports hyd line moved over and well I have no Fan blades.Charlie just sent me an order last Friday and now I need a fan for the hydro
bash.gif
bash.gif
bash.gif
.This is why I say, 1 step forward 2 steps back always !
old.gif

Don T, does'nt it seem like we spend more time working on these machines then actually using them. I guess thats part of the fun of it. There is great satisfaction when you fix it properly and it works! LOL

Melody Schutz

Lets just say that thay can be fun to use . when you buy used and abused you never know what you will find. I looked at parts look up and don`t see a bolt or a pin where there is one on this machine
bash.gif
. Someone can tell me what I have to do to repair this.
217384.png

PO added a bolt to hold everything together between 1 and 3 in this drawing and it has a lot of play. HELP what do I need for there? should it have a pin and a clip like the 149 has? lost here and need to repaire this. Thanks Guys

I took a picture so you all can see what i`am asking about. You can also see my fan that will have to be replaced next.
217387.jpg

Matt Gonitzke

There is a whole lot of slop in that bolt. I lose about an inch back and forth.Is this normal ?

Matt Gonitzke
Can I make a pin and clip the pin? Do you know the size of the hole ?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Matt Gonitzke

And I did look at the Owners manual and parts look up and that pin is not listed ? Not the first time I ever used a manual and parts were not listed or in the wrong order, the 450 manual got a whole section out of wack.There could be some information lost here somewhere. Reprints could be it? I`am taking that bolt out and replaceing it with a pin and clip or cotter pin . I think that will work for me. Monday a cab to install and I`am sure thats going to be a pain also lol
clappy.gif

Don-

There should be zero slop...the bolt threads into a nut welded onto the rockshaft. It should be tight. You don't need that in there...just remove the bolt. You can't replace it with a pin because it is supposed to be a bolt.

If it isn't lifting high enough, I'd say your lift rod is the wrong length. It probably would be if you made it based on having the float lockout bolt installed.

Latest posts

Back