• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1440 Fuel Tank Question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Lillge

Hello, at what fuel level does the low fuel light on the dash go off on a Cub Cadet 1440 ?

The specs say it holds 5 gallons. I added 1 gallon and the light is still on.

Thanks, Mike

The owner's manual is vague. It says the low fuel light will illuminate when the fuel level is low.

Interesting -- I have wondered this too.

There is a pocket in the center of the tank where the fuel collects and this is where the fuel float sensor sits, and there is always fuel in there. No idea exactly what the low limit is -- mine seems also to be a gallon. The tank has left and right sections each with a supply line to the pump to ensure there is enough gas when running on a hill.

If you care to take the time to troubleshoot it, seems it could be dirt causing the float cup to get stuck in the sensor, or maybe a short in the wiring or dirty connection somewhere. If the sensor is bad, probably could get one cheap from a parts tractor. But if you haven't done it yet, it is a real battle to get that seat assembly off to get to it. Fun times. I cursed like a drunken sailor lol.

1671623253715.png

Last edited:
If you find that the sensor is defective, the grommet 735-0699 or 759-3616 is still available through MTD Cub Cadet. There are a few sources for the sensor NOS. Part number 751-3082 superseded to 951-3082.

Latest posts

Back