• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Yea it's green! But it's cute!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We farmed bottom ground right by the Rock River for years. In 72 or 73 it flooded bad, dad and I were trying everything just to get out, to get to some fields. We cut a hole in one fence to get around a bunch of flood water and when dad got the 5020 through, it sank, so quick, even after he stopped and we were standing there thinking now what, it was sinking, it dropped anouther foot. Had to dig down to get the cab door open. Dad had bought some 5/8 cable on a farm sale years before. We dug under both rear axles and run a cable down both sides hitched to the drawbar, called a friend with a big case 4x4, he came down, hooked to it and got it out.

I keep on lookin at that pic tryin to figure out what they were thinkin, come on, if the first didn't make it what the hell made them think the other two would ?! Has to be a "city" farmers first day in the field cause I don't know a real farmer in his right mind who would do that. That is quite funny however.

Charlie...That did clean up nice. My mother's bf loaned us one of his restored 110's for a while to mow with till I got my Cub up and runnin, I did enjoy mowin with it. I like the concept of their veriater, just not how they implemented it. It sure was handy though.

BB,
It looks like the JD on the far right is a tracked machine. I'm guessin' he thought the tracked machine would float better (In fact it does) but .....well you know what happened there. #1 rule when you think you're getting stuck.....<font size="+1">STOP</font> and get help before you grind youself into the ground! BTDT.

At first I thought someone Photo Shopped one tractor three times but realized the one had tracks. They certainly do tread lighter but I still wouldn't have tried it after seein how sloppy it was. Been there with Jeeps and pick ups..lol. I hope they owned the track hoe, I could imagine what the recovery bill would have been.

BRENDAN, TOM - "SOMETIMES", and I mean sometimes, there's a solid bottom to those wet spots. I remember plowing with a WHITE 4-180 4X4 through standing water one day, pulling 7-14's. The back furrow would fill up with water by the time I'd gone 100 feet.

Never seemed to work at Dad's farm. Depending on time of year and what we were doing it seemed like the wet spots would open up and swallow you! The last year Dad farmed, '72, He was driving for FS hauling fuel & fertilizer from 3 AM to 3 PM, and trying to farm a bit in the afternoon. I'd get home about 4-4:30 PM, and one week I pulled Him out of wet spots FOUR times by 6 PM. That 4010 w/duals was a MAGNET for MUD. Just loved to wallow around and lay down in the stuff!

Nate is right - no metal hoods on the JDs, all fiberglass. But, the years for the round fendered 110s were from 1963 to 1967, not 1961.

Charlie,
Nice 110 - it sure cleaned up nice. I had a '66 110 a few years back. I wouldn't mind finding another round fender 110, preferably with hydraulic lift option.

DID anyone see that real Dear John 110 at Dyerville last weekend? What did it bring?I thnik he was asking 500 for it.

I am glad it wasn't black and red
he even had JD painted in several spots

229309.jpg

Latest posts

Back