• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Who needs gas anyway?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodsmith

displayname
Rodney Smith
rant.gif
Who needs gas anyway? Guess I do for my little cubbies,and it cost me more today.
14cts. more per gallon.Makes it $2.699/10 here.
Somewhere I'd heard $3.00 by CHRISTMAS. I wonder what kind of milage a CC73 gets? Might have to take a creeper and make a overdrive out of it!!!!!
ROD
screwloose.gif

I'm not gonna complain about gas prices at the moment...this is cheap compared to the $4.25+/gallon we were paying a couple years ago...

I just put $20 in the suburban tonight, just over 6 gallons.

Regular unleaded "winter blend" $2.959 a gallon

Gas here in Nova Scotia Canada is 112.7 for regular and diesel is close to that also. (per liter)
uhoh.gif

RODNEY - I always used to figure around 7-8 MPG for my Super H FARMALL doing road work like going to town for hog feed, hauling corn or beans to town, hauling loads of hay, etc. That was a 5250# tractor pulling anywhere from 6000 to 10,000 pound loads, tractor burned about 2 gal/hour and ran 16 MPH. When empty or "Bob-tailing" with no cart or wagon it was much better, about 15-16 MPG. Problem when loaded was pulling hills.... Anything very long or steep I had to grab at least one lower gear.... Sure wish IH had made a "Super H-TA", that low side of 5th would have pulled all those hills. I learned to double-clutch at a very early age!

To be honest, even though a CC weighs less I really don't think you could expect much more than 15-20 MPG from the little Kohler. The flat head design isn't all that efficient and a CC doesn't have very good aerodynamics.

Wow 15 to 20 mpg...maybe Ill park my full size 4x4 chevy that gets 12 to 14...
lol.gif

I just paid $2.93 here in Waynesboro Pa., it went up 10 cents from a couple of days ago.
swear.gif

JEFF B. - My F250 diesel 4X4 averaged between 18-1/2 to 19 MPG when I was driving it every day. I could have done better but needed to run 70-75 to keep up with traffic.

Plus the heater & A/C were MUCH nicer on days when it rained, snowed, or was just plain hot. Plus I dn;t think a CC or farm tractor could be geared to run fast enough without a L-O-T of work.

$2.85 this morning in Central IL.

I'm not complaining, as my F-150 SuperCrew w/5.4L gets between 16.5 and 18 mpg. With the prices of diesel these days my gasser is money ahead.....

STEVE - SON got an '06 F150 extended cab FX4 4X4 about 2 months ago, same 5.4L & HD 4-spd auto, only had 18,600 miles on it. He gets about the same MPG. Little less with his 3.1 mile one-way commute to work.

I bought 93 octane premium a week ago in town for $2.999 minus $1.50 from some coupons. Made for a cheap drive to Grandma's house for turkey!

I agree, really tough to justify a $7800 diesel option on a new pickup now days. If I didn't already have a diesel there's NO WAY I'd even think about getting one.

Latest posts

Back