• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The "Cubbie" --My 682

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I sure like it. It is hard to believe that it is done after all this time, but it is a great feeling nonetheless.

Wayne commented on my "next" project! I picked up a 149 about four months ago and my dad said that he wanted it. So, we are going to start a full refurb on that right after the new year. Dad has a heated shop and so we will be able to work on it through the cold months. This project should go a little faster since my dad has more time and isn't in the process of raising a young family! Speaking of family, I hoping to have my children and my brother involved with this one too. I'm really looking forward to time with dad and my boys in the shop working on a tractor that was sold new at the same IH dealership that my dad worked at in the '70's!
greenthumb.gif

Joshua, CUBgratulations on getting your 682 finished. It looks great!
greenthumb.gif

Yes Paul--The One and Only

250665.jpg

Here is the decal. Unfortunately, the tractor (149) was traded back into Chief and resold to the guy I bought it from in the mid to late 80's. Hence the CaseIH and not the original IH decal. Regardless it was sold there and dad worked there--so it adds a sentimental dimension to the tractor.

Josh - I hadn't seen your thread here until now. You certainly now have one fine 682. I noticed in your pics of the fenders that IH apparently removed the side stiffen panels and the battery box which were previously tacked welded as part of the fender assembly. Hadn't been aware of that on the 82 series. Hey I especially like that IH detail painting on the right angle gearbox cover. Nice touch and I'm anxious to see the final finished unit.

Thanks Harry, It has been an amazing learning experience but very rewarding too. You know what's funny, I thought the exact opposite when I went to take my dad's 149 apart to clean the hydro. How come the battery box is attached to the fender unit
1a_scratchhead.gif
? For me--live and learn! This site and you guys have helped me so much though and saved me even bigger headaches.

To two fellow red '82ers
ihrotate.gif
:

Jeremiah--Thanks. You helped me a great deal with the electrical issues and I appreciate it very much. You have been working through the mechanical aspect of your tractor methodically and it will be great when that is completed to your satisfaction. Then you can make it shine just like the Cubbie.

Mike-- Thanks. I noticed while reading back through the thread that you were one of the first to post. You said that you had a 782 that you were looking to restore. Has that happened yet? I agree, these red ones are stunning when freshly repainted.

Well, the first task that the finished Cubbie is called upon to do is snow removal! I've been looking for the right 450 for about two years and finally found what I was looking for. We fabbed it up and the Cubbie was ready to move some snow!

250924.jpg

250925.jpg

Almost!!! I found out that using the old well worn belt isn't always the best idea. The first snow I tried to move was the worst because it was wet heavy stuff and that belt wasn't up to the task!!! I also found out that AG tires just don't provide enough traction when you have a heavy blower off the front and slippery surfaces on the back. Especially backing up.Going forward I was ok most of the time but going back was a nightmare. So it was off with the AG's and on with the turfs and chains!

250926.jpg

250927.jpg

New belt and idler pulley to follow. Next time I hope to have some action shots for you
draw.gif
!!! Told you I was going to put it to work.

Look'n GOOD Joshua! Hope we get to see some action shots of that sweet tractor soon. Looks like it turned out pretty good. Your hard work paid off.
thumbsup.gif

Nope, I have yet to get my 782 out of HIDING! The wife doesn't know its there and its going to have to show its face soon. My shoulder is taking a beating using the walk behind blower and whether she likes it or not, its going to happen sooner or later. That's been my one thing, researching the cab mounting on a streched out 782. Ohhhh, way too many ideas and now where near enough time!

Let us know what you think of the "insulation" you put on the inside of the side panels. Does it cut down the noise that much? Wondering if this would be a good addition for those of us with cabs??

1a_scratchhead.gif

Mike P. I'd look more into the foam style insulation material the big ag manufacturers use in their cabs.
happy.gif

I used that same insulation (dynamat) around the whole interior of my 34 coupe. Took away the "tinny" sound and the aluminum face deflects the heat back outside. Only drawback is it's expensive. But there are knock-offs that are cheaper.

Mike P--The Dynamat made a very big difference with the noise suppression. Like Mike F stated it takes the tinny sound out of the sheet metal. When you think of harmonics, the QL and later series go about half way. They cover the noise maker up but they cover it with sheet metal that carries sound as well as covers it. It you take your knuckle and tap on your hood it makes a very definite ringing sound. If you do the same on my Cubbie, it makes about the same sound as tapping a piece of oak lumber. I can't wait to cut lawn with it in the summer and see how it works then.

I've also thought the same thing about the hard cabs. I had noticed that Art said his Sims cab was loud and it made me think of that Dynamat. Given the price, I might try an insulation board like Marlin suggested first. If you could get it to stay in place it would certainly be cheaper. However, if money is no object, and it is to most of us, Dynamat has a product that is over a half inch thick that has great insulation and sound deadening properties. If I could afford it, that is what I would use on a cab.

Action shots to follow!!!

Joshua-
Great looking rig. You've done a fantastic job there.

Would you mind getting us some close up pictures of the electric-lift set up on that #450 snow-blower?

Art-- I'm impressed you noticed the lift setup. I was waiting for someone to see it and comment. I'll post some pics and a description about it in the near future but I want to see how well it is going to work first. In addition, I want to post some you tube vids on my account for you guys to see it in action. If a picture is worth a thousand words, Kraig what is a video worth??? It is taking a little getting used to but it really seems to work slick. We'll see how it holds up though. That is my main concern right now.

Joshua, me and your cousin talked about your lift over on the Case forum. Since you have used the winch to lift the blower you could get a three point and rear blade, then you would have a BEAST snow remover.

Latest posts

Back