• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Techie Talk

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'll run with it and see what happens. Just wanted to see if it's on my end. The more I mess with FF the more I like it, although if I wasn't having problems with IE I wouldn't have changed but I think it was worth it. Still crossin my fingers.
thumbsup.gif

Bryan:
Thanks for the correct URL ( /. didn't get the pound sign..). Looks like Google is stealthing an OS, now all they need is a kernel to replace that Windows thing.. I hope they remember to continue support for this (they've got a track record of losing interest - remember, all of their stuff is "beta"). Can't wait to try it!

Kendell -

Oh yeah, Google definitely has ADD.

Don't think I'll stay up late to DL it, though.

Bryan:
Well, I dipped my toes in.... Seems interesting - using it now - hey ! it has a built in spell checker !! (what I didn't like about Opera...)

I'm using it now, and like it so far as well. It seems less cluttered than IE or Firefox. I also like how it changes the color of the edge of a form field so you know where you are typing at a glance. It also seems faster than IE or Firefox...?...

Well, I finally got FF3 to run right on this system. I'd backed off on using it until a couple of updates had been issued, thinking that that would help - NFG. I had installed 3.0.4 and was still seeing the same issues with extremely slow page opening times (greater than 20 seconds to open the Forum main page, for instance.) I was also seeing problems with loading of graphics, etc.

I finally figured out that the FF3 install didn't like something from the FF2 user Profile. I was having problems exporting JUST my bookmarks, without also exporting the rest of the Profile settings (which is where I figured FF3 was getting screwed up). I finally got by that, wiped out the default profile and re-installed FF3. Voila - all the problems seem to be gone !! (then I had to go back in and clean up all of my bookmarks and log in to the web sites that I let FF manage the passwords for (no, not the really important ones....))

Oh - and why the concern now??? Because Mozilla is going to drop security updates for FF2 soon (seems like they HAVE learned a thing or two from MSoft, eh??)

I shoulda known that it'd archive on the next post.....

Question for all you who know a thing or two about computers!!

We have two computers in our house.One Im on all the time no problems.the other one has a quirk.Here on the forum in the opening page under topics...The very first one, the one we post on the "most" labeled IH Cub Cadet Forum has a line below it that describes the heading and has a sentence that states,..Please no links to online selling sites (Ebay,buisnesses ect)
Now here lies the problem, the word Online and ebay are double underlined and green.when I click on them it takes me to another site.Do you all have any clue what would do this?I havent noticed it anywhere else.to be clear I do not belive it is this site I belive its my computer cause it only does it on one. Any thoughts would be appreciated.I have Mcafee (probably spelled wrong)as a protection service and I get no warnings of viruses.
Thanks Jason

The word online always takes me to a online school the university of such and such!!Just thought id add that

Jason:
Just guessing, but I think a website you went to planted a Browser Helper Object (BHO) in your browser. Get and run both "AdAware" and "Spybot Search and Destroy" doing a complete scan with both -(make sure you get the free versions of both, there are scumbags trying to charge people for downloads of these products.. The BHO has keywords indexed in it that makes specific words into links that they want to take you to (not usually good websites).. Good Luck !

Thanks alot guys for your help
Ill let you know how it works
Jason

Well,I found a free Adwre scan and downloaded it on this computer,nothing free for the spybot S&D.Did the scan.It found 1000+ problems.After purchase it will correct the problems,of course!!It found nothing for ad ware or spyware,only tracking cookies,some incorrect shortcuts,and afew others off the top of my head I cant rember.

Is it normal for it to ask for money after the scan?
I have Mcafee,and am thinking of calling them up and asking if they have something for the adware/spyware.
Im not real computer "smart" so im a bit leary of these programs!!
Thanks
Jason

Kendell
Im lucky so far,the web site the "word" takes me to is a school!!Ive told the kids not to click on any of the words if they see them.
Thanks

Jason:
If you didn't get it from http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html, I wouldn't trust it - I've heard of this only one other time and it has to be a hacked version... See the website - it states on there that it is totally free.... I would uninstall the questionable version you got and download only from locations that are on the safer-networking site. Sorry about the problem - ya just don't know what's lurking out there anymore..

Tom:
If you read the entire thread, you'll see the problem he's encountered isn't with AdAware, which he's already used, but a bogus version of SpyBot Search and Destroy that is asking for $$. The genuine version of Spybot S&D is totally free..
(You in IT??)

Kendell
Thank you so much Sir.Ive ran the scan on both computers and fixed all the problems.The one computer the kids use had alot of junk on it,alot.Trojans,pups,and a few more "odd" words Im now farmiliar with.I had to disconect it from the internet to restart and remove some of the trojans.Its on its second scan now.
Thank you
Jason
Tom thanks for the,link but im happy with the one Kendell gave!!
Thanks for your time
Jason

Latest posts

Back