• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Techie Talk

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie -

Ooooohhhhh - NICE hint
wink.gif

We might have to clean this place up with some Ivory Soap
lol.gif

Geez guys, I'm kinda innocent ... I read someplace about MC riding cadets - but I don't think they were Cubs (too young??)

Ah, my new box finally arrived
buttrock.gif

36082.jpg

Nice... Sun is actually using LG products?

Which Sun is it that you have?

Rick -

Nope, that's the burner from my old box. The DVDROM that was in the Sun was worse - a Lite-On.

It's an Ultra 20.

Very cool!

Are you running Solaris on it or did you go with another OS?

Solaris? Heh, we got enough trouble keeping that running on the SPARCs let alone on Intel or AMD...

Nope, just Windoze. Besides, I didn't really wanna mess with Solaris then VMWare on top of that just to run all the Windows apps. The City of Chicago isn't gonna give their folks Solaris desktops, so we write our SW for Windows, so I've gotta be able to run all that to support 'em.

LOL! It makes sense. My oldest brother will giggle at the boxes being loaded with XP... He works for Sun.

Heh, he emailed me the same thing last night when I asked him about it.

Apparently you can BYO for about $140 cheaper.

He's not keen on the idea of Windows running on a Sun box.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I don't like the idea of Windows running on Sun hardware... But, then again, I don't like the idea of Windows running on anything but a game box!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
biggrin.gif

(Message edited by rmunday on June 28, 2006)

Rick M. -

When Sun finally makes the decision to sell its hardware side off and focus on software, he won't have to worry about what runs on the hardware
lol.gif

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ......
explotar2jr.gif
IRCbots, NT4 and Win2K servers ..bad day - gonna be a worse tomorrow if our AV vendor don't have a cleaning tool by the A.M.
explotar2jr.gif

Anybody here an OpenVPN expert?
pcwhack.gif

If so, I can post the config files and log files so you can help me out. I can connect to the VPN fine from a public WiFi spot, but from my home network the connection is made then broken, then made then... you get the picture. I believe that the problem lies with the settings of my Linksys router, but which ones?

Kevin

Kevin - You didn't say it was wireless but I'll bet it is ... and that'll be your problem (I'm 99.9% sure). and you have interference causing your problem. Anything from a remote control to a cell phone can cause it. Vacum cleaner to security systems. Wireless is for suckers. I'm not saying you're a "sucker" it's just that to many things can interfere and people don't stop to think about it before reading the hype about how great wireless is.

Well, I guess, I'm a happy sucker then because I have it and it works like a charm. You can stick that wired stuff u know where....When its set up right, wireless is not a problem. I know. I've got a wi-fi wireless router set up right....To each his own...

Myron B

Kevin,
Just curious, what are you using Open VPN for? You mentioned public wifi client and home client. Where's the server?

I use Hamachi. Its a "Zero configuration VPN". The neat thing about it is I am running it on the office PC's and I can connect to them from home. Even better is that the IT guys don't have to do anything. They don't even need to know its there. You just download the application and create a virtual network between the 2 pc's.

Ken,
Yep, it is a wireless connection. I won't swear that the wireless isn't the problem, but I can successfully connect to the home network wirelessly and rock-solid.

Terry,
The server is in the corporate office. Open VPN is the "officially" sanctioned method of connecting to the office when working away from the office. Besides, they just gave me a laptop and took my desktop away so I don't have a computer in my 'area of influence' that I could load a different VPN on. I normally consider myself relatively sharp on this sort of thing, but this one is kicking my butt. Corporate IT doesn't care to fix it and I guess I can't blame them - the problem is clearly in my home network settings. So far their solutions to others with the same problem have been: get a new router, turn off any and all firewalls.
Ahhh, I don't think so.
shame.gif

Funn where all you see techies pop up...

http://www.howardforums.com/member.php?userid=144576

Saw a thread about the new version of Motorola Phone Tools had been released and saw a guys signature was about Operation Lifesaver and had just read about a RR flashing light "restoration"... then noticed the username. Funny how you run across folks on the interweb.

Keith:
Need yer login ID and password so we can see it....
whistling.gif

Back