• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

spring time reminder

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
Just started a refurb on a mod 70(63)...A small amount of grass clippings led me to no surprise.All of this was pulled from shroud cover with screwdriver and hooked wire...Literally wanted to make newbies aware and remind the experienced that spring time is coming but mice have had all winter to build condos in the shroud...No. 1 is the fire hazard,no.2 is how such material restricts cooling of engine...Doesn't matter which engine,if there is an opening they will find it..,

Attachments

• mouse.jpg
    mouse.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
Their urine will mess things up too. Causes Rust on the coil and flywheel surface. I have had the best luck building small enclosure with a block of poison inside, behind a mouse trap. Much more success then a stand-alone mouse trap. And you get the mouse before he eats the poison.

Just started a refurb on a mod 70(63)...A small amount of grass clippings led me to no surprise.All of this was pulled from shroud cover with screwdriver and hooked wire...Literally wanted to make newbies aware and remind the experienced that spring time is coming but mice have had all winter to build condos in the shroud...No. 1 is the fire hazard,no.2 is how such material restricts cooling of engine...Doesn't matter which engine,if there is an opening they will find it..,
I've posted about mice prevention on these pages; see my technique in the pix. My CC102 has a lot of room for air movement even with the hood down so I use a towel to keep the camphor odor in. Mice hate camphor. You'll find the Spam tins under hoods in our cars too.
Cheers, Jack

Attachments

• IMG_2099.jpeg
    IMG_2099.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2101.jpeg
    IMG_2101.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 0
Their urine will mess things up too. Causes Rust on the coil and flywheel surface. I have had the best luck building small enclosure with a block of poison inside, behind a mouse trap. Much more success then a stand-alone mouse trap. And you get the mouse before he eats the poison.
Another thing about mice - are disgusting - pee and poop where they live. I know of no other animals that do that.
Cheers, Jack

Latest posts

Back