Sunrise and Sunset Photos

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kent, nice view from the stand!
thumbsup.gif

No deer here either.
bash.gif

Kraig, I was thinking of you this morning as I watched the same sunrise. I have a neighbors house directly across from me so it was not quite the same, being above his roof line. But I was sure you took pics and yup sure nuff you posted them, Thanks Ron.
Oh also I had Canadain geese flying over too. They just added to the picture. Merry Christmas all.

great pictures Kraig !
Ill toss up one from a few weeks ago at a home I listed for sale @ $2,239,000. I could wake up to this very easy.
233755.jpg

Don, thanks. Wow, that is a nice view! A bit out of my price range though...
icon_eek.gif

Here's a few from this morning:

234196.jpg

234197.jpg

234198.jpg

234199.jpg

234200.jpg

Had another nice sunrise this morning.

234702.jpg

234703.jpg

Got a little artsy with this one. That's a Curly Willow silhouetted against the sunrise.

234704.jpg

234705.jpg

234706.jpg

234707.jpg

Art, thanks. Curly Willows are interesting trees, very easy to propagate too.

I did not see a sunset thread so instead of starting another I put them here...

234956.jpg

234957.jpg

Jeff, very nice!

When I started this thread I should have called it "Sunrise/Sunset Photos."
bash.gif

Hmmm, I wonder if Charlie can edit the title?

Charlie?

we will see if Charlies paying attention and can do it,,, he just posted the same thought I had in the main forum.

I like the new pictures, Kraig. The scenery in so many of the others seemed almost the same, picture after picture, year by year; this one seems fresh, as if it was taken at a different location.

(Just kidding about the scenery, I know you can't change the landscape of your homestead.)
smile.gif

Kraig-
Great pics! It's funny, I saw that sunrise as I was pullin into work this morning and thought, "Oh! I bet Kraig is taking a pic of THIS!"

cubwinker.gif

Art, thanks! Good to know i didn't disappoint you.
happy.gif
I missed a few good shots just before the sun came up. The sky had some great color to it with the cool clouds. I saw it out the window but couldn't get the camera and outside in time.
sad.gif

Jeremiah,
lol.gif
that's EXACTLY why I walked to this area of my yard to take the photos.
happy.gif
Quite a few are taken on my drive into work and I can only stop at a few locations to get good photos and they have to be taken at the proper moment. Timing is everything, well a MAJOR part when taking sunrise/sunset photos. Here's another one from this morning.

235470.jpg

Kraig, is the red "halo" in all your pictures today a function of the camera lens, or is it also apparent to the naked eye? I've never seen the effect before.

Just wondering . . .

Jeremiah, I believe that's an artifact from the lens and/or sensor due to aiming directly at the sun. I Didn't notice it when I was watching the sun rise but then I didn't look directly at the sun without the camera either.
a_blink2.gif

Nice sunrise this morning, which was a perfect opportunity for me to try out my NEW CAMERA.
buttrock.gif

236468.jpg

236469.jpg

236470.jpg

The moon was nice as well. Not bad for a 30x zoom AND hand held.
happy.gif
I need to get this on my tripod and see how it does.

236471.jpg

Latest posts

Back