• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sunrise and Sunset Photos

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
We had a beautiful sunrise this morning and it wasn't to cold to stand outside and take photos. (After a week or so of below zero weather, the 11°F this morning felt down right balmy.) There are too many trees on and around my property to get good sunrise/sunset photos. A mile or so away from home there's a nice open area so I stopped on my way into work and took a bunch, thought I'd share a few.

113401.jpg

113402.jpg

113403.jpg

This was a sunset one night after work. Taken wtih my iPhone. 2mp, so I had to reduce.

113416.jpg

Kraig the Keeper , Awesome Pics...would look Great on a shop wall calender with a # of Cub Cadets strutting in snow. We had 2 above this am near MadCity before sunup.

Seems I've been noticing cloud formation a lot more than I used to. A couple of weeks ago, there were these huge puffy clouds that were spaced way far apart. Looked like the mother ship was going to appear from the back of one. Kind of like the movie "Independence Day" or the old TV mini-series "V".

I like the sunrise shots better as it allows more light for ground items to appear. I like the zoomed in, what I assume is a pine grove, shot best.

Paul, thanks.
blush.gif
I'm not sure the property owner would like me driving any of my Cubs out into his field. I'd love to have a barn like that one.

Keith, yep that's a grove of Red Pines.

Here's a couple more from this morning. The radio antenna ruins the top one.

113418.jpg

113419.jpg

I've got a whole folder of "skyshots", it's one of my favorite subjects.. here's a couple from the fall of '07..
113424.jpg

113425.jpg

Here's my favorite sunrise photos. I took these in September, 2004. My wife and I were staying with some friends at a log cabin just north of Grand Marais, MN. That's Lake Superior on the right side of the background. I managed to take 16 photos and the battery in my old digital camera went dead. The cabin was a rustic cabin with no AC power to recharge it.
bash.gif

113427.jpg

113428.jpg

113429.jpg

113430.jpg

Kendell, Oooo, I like that one with the trees in the foreground and background, nice depth!
thumbsup.gif
A whole folder, bring 'em on!
buttrock.gif

Here's two of my daughter watching a sunset over Lake Superior, these taken in late August, 2007 from the Porcupine Mountains in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

113432.jpg

113433.jpg

This picture is not a sunrise, but one of my favorite pictures. I took it this summer on vacation. I call it (THE END OF THE FAMILY FARM). This is what you see left of many farms throughout the west, as people unable to make a living on the family farm have to give up and move to town for employment.

Just to the right of the trees in the upper left corner you can just see our family ranch which is still in operation.

113487.jpg

Vince, wow, that's a nice colorful sunset.

Terry, one of these days we're gonna meet up along the north or south shore of Lake Superior. Nice photos, is that first one down a sunrise and the second one down a sunset? Very cool clouds in the sunset photo.

Richard, I refer to that type of photo as "still life photography". Is that an old hay rake in the right mid-background? I really like photos like that one.
thumbsup.gif

Keep 'em coming guys!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Wow, nice photos here!

Are sunsets OK if they have a Cub in them?
happy.gif

If so, here's my vote: <font size="-2">(From Travis' PD '05...)</font>

113538.jpg

Latest posts

Back