• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Spring Plowday 2007 Announcement

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
err.gif

I think I'll send them a Free Plow Day 13 video and Photo CD set.

Art, you're asking for trouble from Charlie. lol
I'm looking forward to the next plowday already!

Art - Gotcha ;)

<font size="+2">Come'on guys where's the pics?</font> Was everybody to bussy bs'n and plowin' to take pics????

worthless.gif

Kraig - Got any of the IH freezer puller ?

KENtucky, I got some pics of it parked, but I only got video of it actually pulling.

55359.jpg

55360.jpg

"OK, somebody slap that Bill Riley guy. Bill, he said he was giving a free photo CD and Video set to YOUR SON..............not YOU!"

Art, Shane would probably let me look at them, especially since he would want me to see all his pictures. But as kentuckyken pointed out, you may want to brush up on your reading skills, but you take some good pictures.

You should probably also get a little credit for saving Brian B. from a cold night in the field, since I gave him your gasoline!!

Bill

Bill-
Oh Man! You're killin me over here! I was laughing so hard I almost fell off the chair when I read your post about using our gas to save Brian out there in the field.

Not that I'm "rich", but since we had more gas than Brian and you took our gas, that kind of makes you "Robin Hood of the Gas Can"!
err.gif

<font size="+2">"Steal from the Rich and Give to the Poor!</font>

55416.jpg

Art, you didn't need that much gas anyway since your "plow special" never made it off the trailer. I really didn't have much choice than to "borrow" a little gas unless we wanted to see how well Brian's Cub ran on diesel fuel, because that's all I had.

Brian was also nice enough to offer to pay for the gas and I said "no, that's OK". Maybe I should have taken a few bucks too.
lol.gif

Bill(of Sherwood Forest)

Denny,

You asked what I thought of the 582 on the sled.

I picked the wrong gear for the track. It was a super grabby high traction track, but having never pulled that sled before, I chose 2nd (19T), hoping that momentum would help get me further down the line and provide some "friction pulling" late in the pull, possibly keeping it from just plain old spinning out. That didn't happen...instead I was hooked up rock solid in 2nd and the weak link in the whole set-up became the clutch. It started slipping about 2/3 of the way through the distance I traveled and when it got hot enough for me to smell it slipping I pushed in the clutch and called "no-joy". I couldn't see any use in glazing up a clutch just for the heck of it.

The 16hp had PLENTY left, really didnt seem like it was lugged down much at all considering the load on the tractor...clutch took most of the abuse. Had I hooked it in 1st, I'm sure I would have been able to use more of those 16 ponies considering how well the track hooked, but I didn't try it (not wanting to kill a perfectly good clutch).

8.50 Stones did a great job hooking up!!!

Tractor with me on it should have weighed 1105# "by the books", FWIW.

Plowing:

The 582 did just great, plenty of clutch for the load of a 10" Brinly and the 19T second really "walked the dog"...no power issues here either. I did want to jump out of 2nd under a hard load. I had never used this tranny under load untill last weekend, so it was 50/50 weather that was going to happen...It did, but not too bad...nothing a bungee cord couldn't fix.

Only issue I have with that tractor right now is the cheap-a$$ crank seal (flywheel side) that came in the Stens kit leaking. I have a Briggs seal to replace it with and stop the engine oil "seeper". Otherwise, I am well pleased with both the tractor and the Briggs motor.

Some day it might get a hyd. rear lift, but that's just because my modified 12" plow almost requires hyd. lift to get it out from under a full load of dirt on the moldboard due to the odd geometery of the high clearance frame....and I'm quite sure the tractor would handle the 12" in 2nd after it's performance last weekend.

I just downloaded 167 pics that my wife took this weekend...I'll try to get some posted over the next few evenings.

STEVE - Thanks for the update. With Your weekend thrash the week before PD sounds like the 582 ran just fine. Those 8.50" 'Stones are amazing sometimes the way they bite. I'm not sure if the old 70 is going to get 6-12 'Stones or another pair of 8.50's.

Bill, Art.

Ok you guys, stop it. I'm begining to feel like the butt of a joke around here.
lol.gif
Seriously, if it hadn't been for Bill the 122 would have never made it off the field. Thanks so much for your help and to Art too. Oh, lets not forget about Shane he hung around out there with his lonely tail light till his Dad made it back.
wink.gif
. Hey dad, that kid earned his lights by know right? LOL

Kraig,

I think you forgot to caption the photo of me with "And this is Brian's cub with gas"
err.gif
After that long evening, I would gladly pay for Bills CD set! I just don't think I could have handled the ribben around here from having the only tractor left on the field.
biggrin.gif

55519.jpg

55520.jpg

55521.jpg

Brian, you're not the first guy to run out of gas at a Plow Day and I'm pretty sure you won't be that last.
happy.gif

My tractor did (although I wasn't the operator).

Most of the petcocks are on the LH side so when they're in the furrow it takes 1/4 tank of fuel just to get fuel to the carb. If they run out of fuel in the furrow, most of the will start right up if you get them back on level ground.

I was safe, I thought!
I didn't even have a plowing tractor there and my 5 gallon can still came up empty again this this year.
OH TRAVIS!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back