• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Spring 2010 Plow Day

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 122
188243.jpg

My Dad
188244.jpg

Art Aatay on his 100
188245.jpg

Steve Blunier's 1872
188246.jpg

Greg Lippert on his 782, Son in Law and Grand son following
188247.jpg

Couple nice Bolens
188248.jpg

John Lang and his 122
188249.jpg

Couple JDs
188250.jpg

A quick change 3 bottom "Dirt Built" plow, he took this off and put on his 16" 1-bottom
188251.jpg

Plowing was held up...
188265.jpg

Oh, a JD holding up that plowing.
188266.jpg

The Parade is coming
188267.jpg

Big Parade of tractors.
188268.jpg

More Tractors in the Parade
188269.jpg

ZZ Top Smoking - Bob Haffen on his 149D
188270.jpg

Robb Krueger
188271.jpg

Me
188272.jpg

The Powerstroke!
188273.jpg

My Dad's 70 and my 122
188274.jpg

On the way home we stopped and nephew Marcus drove the 122 for a bit...
188275.jpg

Vincent - Thanks ! ... That's as close as Art needs to be to a camera lens
188277.gif

Vince, I like the dual setup on your 122.
thumbsup.gif

Ditto what KENtucky wrote.

Yea funny, thing I took another of Art and my camera went DEAD...I even tried different batteries. Just today my camera woke up again - now you know why the delay in posting these pics! I won't make that mistake again!

Kraig, I'll send ya 70 plus pics on a CD in the Mail.

Ken-
I tried to lean forward over the hood so I'd be closer to the camera, but Vince told me to sit back down.
happy.gif

Vince-
Nice "DMI-Style" duals. I didn't notice them while we were at PD.

You could just bring that CD with you this weekend and hand it to him instead of mailing it.

Vince, Thanks!
bouncy.gif
Or if you're going to be in the area this Saturday, I could get it from you then.
dunno.gif

Under edit: Art, typed faster regarding this Saturday.

Hmmm, I'm thinking I might be going to a Softball Tournament Saturday....they won't reschedule it for me... My daughter will be pitching, playing, sittin on the bench, etc.

Thanks for the nice note on my "DMI-Style" duals. I got a couple modifications to do to them. Plus I now have a Firestone for the other side - thanks to Hugh Simon. I plan to hook up and pull Bob Haffen's Pulling Sled all the way to Iowa this Fall with this...

Ken,
There's not THAT much <font color="119911">GREEN</font>!
happy.gif

188283.jpg

Well, I guess I do have a green shirt on and the JD hat I won in the door prize drawing! Thanks Travis!
Note, The camera strap around my neck. I love sharing these plow days with those who can not attend. I know I LOVE CHECKING OUT THE PHOTOS WHEN I can't attend for some reason.

It was a great and fun Plow Day, wish everyone interested could have been there!

John - The only green I like is the mold on my bread.
bouncy.gif

Yea , 30 - 35 years ago I'd drive anywhere in the USA just to be doing something. Now I hate driving 10 miles to town !!

Ken. That was a quick response! I love it!

I just finished planting my Sweet Corn with my cc122 and my jd 71 flexi planter. My wife thought I was going to work on my 2009 taxes today, but hey, they are not due for 2 days!
happy.gif
Plenty of time, right???

Vincent, If you are the one who donated the jd hats for the drawing, thank you! If not, what's with the comment? I love the variety of tractors present at this plowday and chose to help it along this year. I left my jds at home. Went back to my first restored garden tractor, the cc122. Hope you can appreciate that.

John, Yes I brought the JD Hats !!! Whew - there I said it... First Kyler catches me taking them out of the bag-setting them on the donation table, now I have to admit/confess to everyone... I am sure I'll be OK.

My previous post was my attempt at a little humor! After all this is a Cub Cadet site so I think humorous bashing of John Deeres is OK...

I have seen your collection of Deeres both on the internet and in person at Plow Days and I am very impressed - been wondering where the 317 Special is. FYI - the 122 might be my favorite Cub Cadet! <font size="-1">(Kraig, sorry its not a 125)</font>

I grew up driving them. A JD 50, plus we had a B and a G. And a few years ago I got to drive a 4040 open station - WOW - nice tractor!

This is the Plow Day forum so here's more Pics!
188549.jpg

188550.jpg

188551.jpg

Here's me driving Art's 140 - Just before I BROKE it... I mean before IT broke - 'cause I tried to drive it like a CUB! (This was a couple years ago, no one has seen this 140 since...)
188552.jpg

188600.jpg

Son-in-law on the crusty, trusty 1450

188601.jpg

Let's go, Grandpa!

188602.jpg

188603.jpg

188604.jpg

188605.jpg

188606.jpg

188607.jpg

There's an open furrow...

188608.jpg

188609.jpg

188610.jpg

188611.jpg

Grandson ridin' shotgun! (No, that's not his hand on the steering wheel!
clappy.gif
)

188612.jpg

188613.jpg

188614.jpg

Chow time!

188615.jpg

Clearing trash

188616.jpg

Breakin' in the new boots

188617.jpg

Horsepower of Dogpower?

188618.jpg

188619.jpg

188620.jpg

Plowing is hard work!

188621.jpg

All that green out of service, while the Cubs get the plowing done!
clappy.gif
(Just a joke, guys!)

Hi, just had are plow day this weekend up here in PA. First time to a plow day and I'm hooked
clappy.gif
Good food and good times. The 1712ccc did great for it's first time plowing. My coil want bad on some practice runs. But was able to get back to the trailer for repairs. Go thing I had some spare parts with me. The highlight of the day was when I pulled a STUCK JD out of the way so we could keep plowing. Ran out of gas after two laps around the feild. At fuel cost I would be switching to a cub, was plowing all morning and only used half a tank of fuel.
lol.gif
It was so much fun that I'm all readly plainning for next year.
The only thing i wonder about is that it didn't go long enough. It was to be until dusk, but everone was gone by 4 o'clock. The only hold outs was my cub and two others cub. Also a AC b-112 "my Friend". We went until about five when are tractors were getting low on fuel. Also the one cub threw a belt and the kid keep shutting it off. Good thing I had that chain with me. They also left before it dead for good. How late do you guy's plow at your plow days?
I learn some things about plowing, Maybe key things.
1.) All way have tools with you.
2.) plain on the unexpected to happen.
3.) Better looking don't meen better plowing
4.) Bigger is not always better.
5.) The shorter the pin is on your sleeve hitch the better.
6.) Setup of your plow is key.
7.) Plowing can bring the kid off in a grow man.

Latest posts

Back