• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Simplicity Tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csrussell

displayname
Chris S. Russell
Hi everyone, this is what followed my dad to my house the other day. A Simplicity Sovereign 18. Kohler motor (the only way to go) that runs great. Came with a 48" deck, a 42" plow/ snow blade and chains. All it needed was a ign. switch and a curcuit breaker. Its not a "Cub" but its not a box store pile either. This make my 1250, WH Raider 12, and my new toy, all I need is a green one to have the four "Good" tractors.
216061.jpg

You might want to include a Case/Ingersoll as on of the "good" tractors-so that makes 5.

Thanks guys. The four tractors named as "good" are my personal favorites from growing up. Thease were the name I always saw as being the best and taking the most abuse. I know M/F and Case are great tractors but in the garden tractor size you dont see them much in mid MI.

A while back I got tired of not being able to use my Simplicity to move the trailer around in the yard (my cub had some issues last summer). So after looking at other owners designs I came up with this. I can still use the factory hitch due to setting the new one higher. I'm also in the process of making a bumper to put om it. It is 100% bolt on with no modifications to the tractor. My Cub is still my favorite but at some point I will have to restore it.

234790.jpg

234791.jpg

CHRIS - Far as needing a green tractor to complete your set.... Simplicity DID make green tractors with the Duetz-Allis name on them.

If you do get one make sure it's a hydro, the "Variator" seems to cause more problems than the six set screws in a CC's PTO clutch!

I happen to work at a Simplicity dealership as a mechanic. (still partial to my cubs, though!) That's a nice Sovereign! I actually had to pull an 18 horse Kohler OHC out of one, and yank an 18 horse OHV out of a second trade-in tractor to put in the first tractor.. That was an "interesting" job, let me tell you..

A birthday present to myself, I scoped a Simplicity Landlord DLX with a 18 HP Vanguard and 50 inch deck with only 350 hours. It has a couple of substandard wiring repairs, but is pretty clean otherwise. They stopped building the DLX in 2002, but the motor is a 2004. Has a locking differential as well.

238841.jpg

Kraig,
I guess I am busted!
blush.gif

The new tractor had an electrical issue that the PO didn't fix as well as he should have (connector going to the PTO), and I hauled my work tools out to troubleshoot and repair it. Its my new flame and I need time to get to know her, so the 129 and 102 will probably get neglected for a while. It is a nice tractor though, the price was right, and it does a good job of mowing.

As for the hood of my 129, it is beat up from encounters with the chute for the snow blower, so it hasn't been pretty for a while, so I tend to use it as a portable work bench at times. The 129 isn't going anywhere yet, I still have use for it as a backup mower and for use with the snow thrower. The 125 is probably getting parted out, it has already donated its engine to the 129 and I can use some of the spares, and perhaps post some of the leftovers in the classifieds section of the website.

Bruce,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The 125 is probably getting parted out...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

icon_eek.gif
banned1.gif
jawdrop.gif
angry.gif
bash.gif
shame.gif
facepalm.gif
explotar2jr.gif
238877.gif
238878.gif
238879.gif
238880.gif

Slant%20Tongue.gif
IHThumbsDOWN.jpg

lol.gif

The only other option for it is to build up a motor around a 10 K241 I have here. Not that you don't have your share of parts tractors
aaaa_tongue2.gif

Bruce, you must not have noticed the laughing smile face at the end of my post.
happy.gif
If it were any other Cub that you mentioned parting I wouldn't have posted what I did. But when you mention a 125 I couldn't help myself. I thought it was well known how I feel about the 125.

238902.jpg

Latest posts

Back