• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Signs of Spring

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gettin closer, but the stove is still crankin!
biggrin.gif

Ice-out at Willmar, MN. Time to fish for the NewYork money boys. From lake to table in 28/hrs. Live Carp trucked in Icewater for Fulton Fish Market North of Yankee Stadium. Locomotiveman Tom

303352.jpg

Smoke 'em!!
And break out the beer, cheese and crackers!!
My Dad used to sprae 'em in the spring when they were spawning and get 'em smoked.

Mom would always bake the smaller ones.

I get COLD watchin' Spring Netting guys work. Somebody's got to keep the NewYork Kosher crowd happy with some Gifeltefisk from the Land of Sky Blue Waters. Locomotiveman Tom

303427.jpg

Kraig-

Please video the release of that critter. I think it would make some nice family entertainment and possibly some laughs to boot.

Wayne, I took that photo last Thursday. I "released" it shortly after taking the photo. It's in a better place now...
angel.gif
The smell has mostly dissipated.
happy.gif

Kraig-
That photo made me laugh.

It reminds me of the time I came home from work one day at about 4:30pm to find my lawn littered with baby skunks scattered about! Needless to say, all 8 of them were sent to .22-heaven!

Art, that's why I purposely trapped this one, I was afraid it might be a pregnant female!
yikes.gif

First evening I set the trap I caught my own cat!
facepalm.gif
She was only out for about 10 minutes and probably was only in the trap long enough to eat all the bait. My fault for using cat food for bait.
bash.gif
blush.gif
stupid.gif
I released her and reset it. The following morning I had caught a raccoon.
angry.gif
I released it unharmed, I'll probably regret that.. Third time was the charm I had the skunk.
buttrock.gif
But then I had a "Great, now what?
1a_scratchhead.gif
" thought.
roflol.gif

Art, wait, you had EIGHT little stinkers in your yard!? WOW!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Kraig-
Yeah, 8 of the things. Cute as a button. Didn't really like sending them away, but at the time our street was full of young kids, so it felt to be the right thing to do.

All we needed was one of them to get sprayed, or worse yet, bitten.

Skunks on the loose always got the 16ga or 12ga with #6 shot at the farm........I wasn't taking any chances on a misplaced .22 shot (usually in the dark) leading to a pissed off skunk and half of the farm getting "pissed on"!!!!! shotgun made for instant dead and kept all of the smell in one place.

Dad had one spray a bean platform once.......1000 acres of beans later you could still smell it on the customers machine!!!

Steve-
These were little buggers. You could walk up and just about touch them with the .22 barrel. I think they were too young to spray. Yeah, for the bigger guys, the "scatter gun" would get the call however.

Here's a much better sign of spring. Garlic!
bannana_guitar.gif

It's actually been up for a few weeks but I finally took a photo.

303470.jpg

I used a .22 (Ruger 10/22) on this one. I had a 20ga shotgun and a box of shells with #6 shot handy just in case I had a chance at it before I trapped it.

Back