Signs of Spring

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here as my dad...geez The snow was over my knees in front of my shed. This pic is in River Falls, WI. I know I got more at my house. And I vote for the wind to come out of the west or maybe even the south during next week's snow fall. This is 2 weeks in a row where it came out of the north filling my driveway.
258019.jpg

You know after March, I usually let the "three sisters" handle the snow removal.
But often I have to help April, but May has never used the Cub to move snow, just mow grass, Now I wonder if June will need to push snow, Lets hope not.

That's just cruel of old Ma Nature! When are the area farmers ever gonna get on the land?

Haven't ya'll heard??? due to the sequester spring has been canceled this year.

Yeah I can believe that, the earlier pics were taken abut 6:30 this morning. Still snowing and these were taken 10:30. from the top of pickup as before, just from other side, I couldn't see, had to look at camera to read rular.

258028.jpg

and these same spot on trailer, just other side.
Goes from 8 to about 12 - 13 inches in 4 hours and its May for gosh sakes!

258029.jpg

this is not going to melt very fast and then the fields will be dry for a while before tilling. Will be and interesting year for sure.

At least it's FINALLY not me posting those nasty pics of that white crap!!!!
biggrin.gif

Course we have the Governors fishing opener up here the 11th and there's still 27" of ICE on the lake as of this morning, LOL

If you have seen a pic of the goof, I don't think it's going to make much difference to him, as I don't think he's ever touched a fish or a pole in his life!

I didn't measure it, but it looked like we had about 5" when I left for work this morning.

Front yard... Beautiful, but May 2nd... Really???

258035.jpg

Picture at a local marina...

258036.jpg

I guess I'm complaining, but this is an example of yet another day I'm glad I'm not Vince! I won't go into all of the reasons...
roflol.gif

Wayne .... you win !!Blame it all on the head dude in DC LOL (well, probably you're right)
beerchug.gif

Kraig: At least your daughter has a sense of humor about the situation --"might as well laugh as cry," as they say (perhaps I should post that on Allen's IDIOM page
happy.gif
)
I read your post several minutes ago and I'm still chuckling.

I don't think I can find enough pictures of blooming flowers to get your minds off the snow you're seeing outside the first week of May. It looks like 2013 is shaping up to be the year in which Wisconsin just isn't going to see Spring "spring" --you all will probably just "jump" into summer.

Maybe You guys up north should have snow thrower day events and tractor show instead of plow days.

That's it, start a new topic,,, Snow thrower Day and Tractor Show announcements ...

And we got another inch or so of snow this morning and it's still snowing...
bash.gif

Thanks Kraig ; I will have a few more pictures when some more blooms open. It was sunny for a bit today and is now raining. Oh well , It is my birthday (61) and I might get in the scotch later today lol. Have a great day !

Latest posts

Back