• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Signs of Spring

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen,
Moose have weak legs and can't pull anything.
They find them dead all over with broken legs at the bottom of small rises. That's why Moose usually try to stay on the lowlands where it's flat.
That's the story the old guys tell me anyway.
I've seen a lot of moose over the years, but never seen one even close to a mountainous area.

C'mon, Jeremiah, dead moose are a sure sign of spring, aren't they?

roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif

Richard you are far ahead of me. My lilac bushes are just starting to make leaves, The Tulips are 6" high. The grass is still 3 weeks from the first mowing. I will be getting the 169 out from hybernation and get it ready for mowing soon. The 102 with tiller woke up last week.
Charlie do you have enough warm weather to make A garden?

I spotted a Dogwood blooming yesterday and stopped by today to snap this picture. Maybe someone can Photoshop a dead moose into it so Charlie can be reassured that Spring really is around the corner.

222354.jpg

I have seen the signs of spring around here.

The ground is the dead-brown/gray it was before it turned white. Also the knee-deep mud everywhere that is not a hard surface. The water that is standing everywhere, since we went from a foot of snow to several inches of rain in less than a week.

Charlie, want some feeling of spring ? Go get a few bottles of green food coloring...put it in a sprayer and spray the area around the moose. That will make you feel more like spring...and help the snow melt.
PS: <font size="-2">wasn't there a Disney show years back where the kids were Moose-ka-teers.
old.gif
Remember Anette?)</font>

2 semi loads of golf cars were unloaded at local course today. Still alot of white grass on the turf areas yet...
bouncy.gif
with a 50* day.

There's still over a foot of snow in my yard... however it shouldn't last much longer with this forecast:

222639.jpg

Another sign of spring.......

The orange barrels have started growing out of the interstate, and where there are not orange barrels, there are hug craters. Thanks to them... I now have to replace the shocks on my truck. (Busted a shock hitting a crater)

Nice flowers Allen S.
Looks like it is warming up nicely Kraig!
Sorry about your truck problems Scott.

A few more things in bloom.

222649.jpg

222650.jpg

222651.jpg

222652.jpg

I guess we all have been waiting for Spring. Charlie, Kraig, Art and many others are still snow bound. Rich T. in Florida is cheating a little with his warm climate
wink.gif
, and I have had a few nice days.
Today It was very nice out and went and checked on my Cub.I almost burned my hands on the hood and steering wheel! I know I asked for nice weather but the summer clothes are still in the attic! Check this out, 2:00pm in Central Jersey....
222699.jpg

It was 82 here yesterday. We plowed the garden again and planted potatoes. The cub cadets worked flawlessly.

Certainly isn't any signs of Spring here other than the Robin's back here freez'n their hind ends off. Snow was mostly gone here on Sunday, yesterday we had about 1-1/2" of sloppy snow. Still some laying around this morning. Damp and crappy outside!
angry.gif

Well it was starting to look a little like spring here but then last night around 7:30 or so the rain turned to freezing rain and then to snow. This morning there was 4" or so of snow in the yard and it's still falling.
222868.gif

222869.jpg

222870.jpg

Great photo's Kraig. The first one in particular could easily be the front cover for a magazine. So many things going on!! Very artistic shot.
buttrock.gif

I hope you see green shoots soon. I finally got the earth boxes

http://www.earthbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/EB-WEB-INSTRUCTIONS_NEW-2.pdf

ready to accept seedlings after laying low with back problems. If you look close you can see yeller and white on both sides of the garage doors.

222935.jpg

A few pictures of other things in bloom,,

222936.jpg

222937.jpg

Back