• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Rear light question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drglinski

displayname
Daniel Glinski
I'd like to see photos of your rear light set up on your cubs. I'm contemplating adding a rear (white) light on my 147 and I'm looking for ideas. Also, if you could do a short write up on how you wired it that'd be great. (I'm no dummy when it comes to wiring but I'm also no electrician.)

Thanks

You could use a rear work light from a 12v International Cub or Cub Lo-boy. It would look something like this.

260125.jpg

The light switch on those tractors had the option of bright fronts only - dim fronts with rear work light - rear work light only

someone needs to accidently bump the
poof.gif
button

Easier to follow, maybe not an IH Cub Cadet option?

Its always been said for the main forum show a part of a cub in a picture or at least mention ih cub somewhere in the entire post and you get a slide.
beerchug.gif

I put it in sandbox because if I ask the question in the main forum it tends to get lost because often there are too many topics going at one time.

Daniel - not trying to be harsh, but usually if you don't get a response when you post something in the correct place, it's because the right person (the one with the answer), hasn't read your question yet. No one is gonna jump on you for reposting after a day or two, but this forum isn't like a lot of the others, the main forum is a "stream of conciousness" and the forum owner (Charlie) is really pretty gentle about reminding people to put all IHCC garden tractor posts in the right place, but all the same, that IS what he'd like you to do (he DID drop you a hint).....

Remember the Golden Rule ---- He who has the gold, rules........
beerchug.gif

Daniel G.,

I will help you to the right forum page. Go to the main forum page and look. You will find one answer there about rear lights.
thumbsup.gif

This 149 came in this way:
260571.jpg

It has it's own on/off switch wired into the tail lights so the master light switch has to be on for it to work.
happy.gif

FRANK - I wired in a separate switch for the white rear light on my 72 right next to the light because I have two red & two amber rear lights wired off the main switch along with the two frt white lights. I can turn the white rear light on/off as needed.

On my 982, It had a separate switch for something added below the instrument panel, not sure what it was used for but I wired up white work lights under the foot rests to light up the outer ends of the 50" deck for mowing after dark on that switch. And for other rear mounted attachments I added a small panel with a white rear light wired into that same circuit/switch.
So the key switch operates the starting & running of the engine, plus the white headlights in the grill, and the red tail lights in the fenders, and the separate switch runs all the work lights. Saves amp draw on the 15A charging system when working late. The white side facing work lights light up enough ahead of the tractor for me to not need the headlights in most situations. If I need them, the key switch to turn the headlights on is right there in the dash.

One suggestion for anyone adding electrical circuits to a CC, tapping power from the battery is really simple, but buy an in-line fuse holder, one that either uses a glass tube style fuse, but preferably a spade type fuse, they seem to last MUCH longer than the cheap imported glass tube fuse style, and solder a terminal to the one end of the fuse holder and connect it right to the battery so the entire new circuit is fused and the fuse is easy to get to. And I use 12 ga MTW wire to wire everything regardless of amp draw. That way you can add other lights or accessories to the circuit without drawing too many amps for the wire, plus it's much more physically strong, and it's already fused, if the fuse does blow simply put a larger fuse in as long as it doesn't exceed 20A. And I solder and insulate with heat shrink tubing on ALL connections. And I NEVER have problems with electrical connections. I've tried many of the crimp-on connectors and splices and gave them up years ago, but soldering then heat-shrinking has never caused me problems thru the years. If the wire run goes thru a dangerous location, close to moving parts, I'll enclose the wire in convoluted conduit and zip-tie the conduit to convenient stationary stuff so the wire run stays away from the moving parts. It may take just a few minutes longer to wire things this way but it saves you countless HOURS of trouble-shooting over the years. So says the guy with an AM/FM/Cass deck radio on his CC.

Latest posts

Back