• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

New member from Wisconsin with a 782

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

BPR

displayname
Brian
Hello, I'm a new member from Madison WI. My father always had CC & I've been operating them since the early 80's. I now have a 782 serial # 743,577 I purchased about a 1 1/2 ago. I use it for snow removal, hydro turn plow & a 450 snow blower. The previous owner installed a M18. To kill the engine I need to use a toggle switch they mounted under the hood. I can see that the toggle switch grounds the ignition to kill the engine. I'd like to install a relay to kill the engine when turning the key off, to eliminate the kill switch. The Kohler manual shows an optional diode in the kill switch circuit. Does anyone know what the purpose of the diode is & why it's optional? Any other feedback about this motor swap would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

Brian

dschwandt

displayname
David Schwandt
Welcome aboard Brian!
Will we be seeing your smiling face at the Portage Garden Tractor Daze this July??

wh cc guy

Hello, I'm a new member from Madison WI. My father always had CC & I've been operating them since the early 80's. I now have a 782 serial # 743,577 I purchased about a 1 1/2 ago. I use it for snow removal, hydro turn plow & a 450 snow blower. The previous owner installed a M18. To kill the engine I need to use a toggle switch they mounted under the hood. I can see that the toggle switch grounds the ignition to kill the engine. I'd like to install a relay to kill the engine when turning the key off, to eliminate the kill switch. The Kohler manual shows an optional diode in the kill switch circuit. Does anyone know what the purpose of the diode is & why it's optional? Any other feedback about this motor swap would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

Brian
I don't know why you need a diode but maybe someone here does. Welcome to the group we are glad to have you with us.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Brian, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif

Forum member Steve Blunier has posted a few times regarding swapping an M18 into a 782 chassis. Here's a link to one of his posts:

782 M18

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
The diode is there to prevent you from frying the ignition module if you accidentally apply 12V to the kill wire.

Last edited by a moderator:

dschwandt

displayname
David Schwandt
Brian, It's a HUGE GT show, around 900+ GT's last time I was there!
And, BIG swap meet as well!

dschwandt

displayname
David Schwandt
Usually the weekend after the 4th,
July 9-11 Columbia county fairgrounds

Latest posts

Group builder