1650 Carburetor

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Riutzel

IHCC Supporter
2 Questions here: Over at Charlie's CCSpecialties there's a carburetor "Field Improvement Package"? What's the use or purpose of it? I have a 1975 1650 with a K341 and all stock as far as I can tell. About 3-4 years ago I put a kit in the carburetor as part of a complete engine overhaul. The tractor ran sweet until this year when it was difficult to get going from a cold start. Once going it runs great with good idle and plenty of power for tall grass or other chores though I did open up the main jet screw about a 1/2 turn to smooth it out. The spark plug color shows a good mix and burn. So on investigating things, the throttle and shaft seem pretty beat and lots of gap-osis. I figure now is the time for another in the near future

How rare are these carburetors?

Currently I'm ISO of new carburetor, at least for back up to keep downtime at a minimum. I want to go OEM, cost is not a priority; I've learned it's easier to buy once and not again later. Thanks!!

Put a 1/4" brass bushing in the carb for the throttle shaft to get rid of the slop.
Available at most hardware stores w/a Holmen assortment.
Cost maybe 2 bits.
Your carb should be a #30

I am curious as well what the 'Field Improvement Package is/does. I have a 1450 (k321) which I believe is the same carb or at least same throttle plate size.

Mine is a Kohler 47-47802. I did a "field" repair. I found the float needle sticking. Don't know how or why it sticks, but some compressed air got blown through through the fuel inlet and a new needle put in. Now it works as before with engine starting in one or two seconds from cold.

Latest posts

Back