• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 125

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry Bursell

No this engine had no id tag when I got it. So I don`t have a tag for it. It does have a bunch of engine work done,Valves and guides are new .The crank was turned and has the correct rod, along with a .030 bore and new piston and rings. This 12 K should run nice for a long time.Wednesday I will have the hillman washer for the Carb and have a kit here to rebuild it. I will drop the K in next week. I looked at the better used wires I bought on evil bay and I don`t see any colour codes to follow,All the casings has lost all colour so I will try to cut the covering back a little so I can get to where light has not damaged the wire.I also have a new reg to install. I hope all will run great and charge when I first try to run it.fingers crossed here .
happy.gif

I just finished up all the wiring on the 125. I now have to paint some more parts.I will have this ready for summer grass duty.

235727.jpg

I added a switch for lights someday.

Jeremiah Chamberlin

I got that at a local parts store for $14.76 plus tax. I has a two post trigger ,one post is used for cars with computers and the other post for none computerized cars and trucks.The old one did take up more room and I wanted to not have to replace it , better put new parts in and be done I hope. Condenser is off a 1972 6 cylinder Chevy truck, he said tell me a year that had points and we can look to see if it will work for you. I had a 1972 1/2 ton so that was an easy thing to give him to look up. I hope to have the rear tin fenders ect ready for paint next week and then the 125 will need a decal kit to finish it.

I hate waiting for mail .I have plans for so much .I`am helping my friend build a 1977 dodge warlock 1/2 ton with stacks as they come from the factory. I`am involved because we will use a 5.9 Cummings Diesel instead of the 360 gas.400 hp 900 ft lbs torque is what he wants and it will be fun to build.I hope he goes easy the first time he pokes 5th( it might break loose).It will have a 5 spd std over drive. I know you guys got torque all usable in out cubs.The wife set her retirement date for next spring and I got so much to do .

The 125 will soon have the engine installed. I hope we have no snow so I can get my drag out and break this 12 K in .

Don T The Warlock never had stacks. That was the Little Red Express. Just sayin

Dave Ross
Yep I stand corrected . But the truck is a dream for him and me. It will be awsome
Shift.gif

Don T, sounds cool. I just missed a diesel dodge a month ago. 354 Perkins conversion. It still had the glass water separators. I know not smart for the road but darn it was sharp.

Dave Ross

I have a 1995 dodge ram 4x4 2500 diesel that I use for all my towing needs. It gives me great fuel mpg`s and lots of power and torque.

236179.jpg

Tom it looks like it got lost between a 72 chevy and a 77 dodge and hasn't been seen since then
happy.gif

Guys I should be able to pick up the 125 drive cup Friday so I can get the 12 K running. I still have the rear fenders and tin to paint . Soon I hope,we are having a plus 10 day here and I`am driving the 1512 around hauling some chicken poop for the wifes flowers. I can`t Waite to get at my 129 loader and power-steering . Thanks To Steve B ,I have some great pictures to use for a guide to my install. Thanks to this great site for all the help.

My profile says (Two setps forward one back) because that seems to be how it works for me. I picked up new grade 8 bolts to bolt the 12 K back into the frame after I helped my friend repair a leak in his house water system. Now he wants all plastic lines like I did 5 years ago
bash.gif
. So I rush out to get some 125 work done only to go two steps forward and one back. I don`t have room to get the wires back after I bolted in the 12 k and now have to do that all over again.

236489.jpg

Well , IT will run soon ! I know I will be happy with what I will have when I do get this all sorted and finished.

Don, dont feel like the Lone Ranger. Thats the reason<font size="-2">(moving the engine)</font> that I have not tried to put a new harness in my 147.

Allen Schumacher

Well I will hide my car in the am and hope people will think i`am not home lol. I plan to pull the 12 K in the am, I did take a look at my air cut gun and then thought I will take the time to do it correctly. I should have it running this by dinner time I hope. I think I will not install the pto till I get her working great because I hate all the noises they make. Two front rims to paint also and then install the new tires . I`am slow but I will get it finished.
old.gif

Don: I'm with you on:

"I am slow but I will get it finished!"

One step at a time.

And,

If something is worth doing, its worth doing over three or four times to get it right.

Remember, Engineering is an iterative process.

smile.gif

My vocabulary is slowly getting larger as I read many of Jeremiahs posts.
thumbsup.gif

...iterative process: An iterative process is a process for calculating a desired result by means of a repeated cycle of operations.
Now I've got it.
thumbsup_old.gif

Only have to connect the throttle and choke cable and add oil. I still have some painting of the front rims and the back tin but I will soon move on it`s own .
ihrotate.gif

236517.jpg

Well I`am calling it over for today. I installed the muffler and a make shift gas tank. The tractor now rolls over nice and fast and the amp Gage does show a drop to discharge like it should. Problem is I have no spark at the spark plug. I do have 12 Volts at the coil with the switch on
1a_scratchhead.gif
.I will have to take a look at the points.I will have to find some info on this.

236580.jpg

DON - I always find it's advantageous to just keep plugging away on the task and NOT state a time when you expect it to be completed.

Years ago SON & I would start something like rebuilding the heads on a car engine, or installing a new clutch, something I knew would take the better part of a day or two. After about an Hour SON would say, "Gee we should be DONE with this in another hour or two!" after we just got the antifreezze drained & the valve covers off! or the bolts on the frame cross member loosened.

Latest posts

Back