• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 125

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I`am hurting here today, and because of that I have decided just to spray the 125 in hopes for a 10' paint job on my 125. Two spray can coats so far . lots yet to spray.

234691.jpg

Don T, Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Maybe just take a break for awhile. Things are quiet around here. No snow makes for no fun. Just collecting parts to refurb the 782D this spring. I'm gonna take the tin off and have it painted by a friend, who is a JD collector. He has a paint booth and is a perfectionist and will do a better job then I could.

Don't worry Tom. First thing I asked if he minded a little red over spray amongest the green and yellow.

Well today I took the 12 k apart again. I was worried about a ring scratch that showed up after the install. So apart it came to pop the piston out and check the file job I did to get the ring end gap correct. Yep I could feel a sharp edge and removed it.I`am putting this 12 K back together again ( hope this is the last time lol) So it had a .30 over bore ,new valves and guides, Crank trued .10 under and new rod. piston and rings are new . so this 125 should give me years of great service as my grass cutter. I have added the new tru-powers today and I`am Painting engine tin. since this is a rebuild I will paint the engine black and trim with yellow.Just because I have a Grey 14 k and some all yellow lol. Some car header black spray paint designed for heat should work. I got the time e lol. I think the 61 Original will get a pro spray job , I have a deal made for it this spring. I would much rather do the work so they work 100% and leave the paint to someone else.I think the whole thing is , everyone of these Cubs I do get running 100% will be around after me .Ok , I`am moving forward !
Shift.gif

234995.jpg

I`am working on my 125 and installed the flywheel , I hope I can see the reflective tape I put at the timing marks when needed.
235149.jpg

Don T. You put white tape on the timing marks...
thumbsup.gif

<font size="-2">I hope they dont peel off when the flywheel spins.</font>..
thumbsdown.gif

Allen Schumacher

I don`t think it will fall off to quick. That tape is the tape that came with the digital tack that I used for timing my small engines. I have a piece on my diesel now for two years . I hope it stays on long enuf for me to get the k timed .
smile.gif

Don-

The 125 is looking great. You're gonna end up with either a trailer queen or a cub that your wife is gonna claim as hers. That may be an advantage if you can get her mowing. I like those new cleats on the rear...sharp!

Wayne Shytle

No I do all the grass cutting here she cooks and cleans and earns the $$$ lol. Every day I get a little closer to the date that I can drop this 12 K back into the tractor. I will hold my breath when I first start it up. I need some screws for the point cover and install the carb kit I just got in the mail this week from Charlie. I should be running soon .
coffee.gif

235160.jpg

Don Looking good on the 125. Use allen head screws on the points and cover sure makes it easier in the future.

Finaly got my head studs made and spacers installed . The run day is getting closer .

235481.jpg

I added a few more things today. I did the easier steering up grade and I`am starting the wiring. I hope you all like these pictures !

235486.jpg

235487.jpg

I like your spacers, Don. I understand you made them yourself out of round stock. They look very heavy duty.

I have a question though, why did you paint the main shroud black and the "grass catcher" on the flywheel yellow?

I also notice that you painted the governor arm yellow, and all the various covers yellow, but left the block unpainted.

I've learned a lot reading your "My 125" post and the many posts you've made to the main forum, so I'm just curious if there is a reason for your paint scheme. It would never occur to me, and I'm not sure it is stock.

Just wondering.. . .
smile.gif

Jeremiah, here's a similar one that someone, I forget who, did a few years back.

235500.jpg

235501.jpg

235502.jpg

Jeremiah Chamberlin

I think I read on here that K rebuild replacement engines were black.so I decided to leave the block black and paint all the small parts yellow,just for the contrast. My day goes so fast in my shop when I have Cub work to do,I think I was in the shop at 11 am and came in the house at 8:45 pm.I`am glad you enjoy reading my posts , I put some work into resizing pictures to make life interesting .I hope someone can lean from my attempts at the task at hand. I`am good at doing something after I have seen it done, so pictures tell me most what I need to know. I will keep posting till Charlie shuts me down lol.
old.gif

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

Thanks for that picture. That is pretty !
thumbsup_old.gif

Don - it is looking good. Do you have the metal ID tag for the shroud?

Hydro Harry

Latest posts

Back