• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 125

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painted the seat support and bolted it fast to the frame and primed the rear fenders for my 125 . I need to finish this tractor so I can use it this summer. just a worker and not a show tractor is my goal.

283610.jpg

Need to buy a new seat after I finish with the fenders.

Just 10 months from your last post to this thread. Lookin' good! What's the story on the front grille?
happy.gif

Frank

It is a worker ? what is wrong with the grill ? with Dawn home retired I find it hard to get any shop time . I remember Denny said that would happen . I have a few plans for my 1512 and so the 125 will see a deck installed next week I hope.How is your Cub time spent these day . what are you working on ???
1AA_dance2.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

Not saying there's anything wrong with the grille. It's different. It's black. It looks good. Can you show a nice, head-on pic of it?
happy.gif

From here it looks solid.
happy.gif
happy.gif

P.S. Kind of watching the curling games at the Olympics. USA vs Japan. Those Japanese girls are CUTE!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank
The grill was rusty so I wire brushed it and sprayed it with Black rust paint.Better that the rusty look I thought. I will post a picture for you later . The grill is not solid and has the vents like it should. I have to dig out the sub frame and paint it next. The deck has been painted and has new spindles and is ready to use. Funny thing a friend came over today and saw that I was working at the 125 and he had a pile a questions . He did make me smile after he ask what year was it built and repaing it like I 'am doing it would out last his three year old lawn tractor. I see it is smart to do what your doing. He will be back in the spring to look at the 122 he said. I told him I would build the 122 for him for the price he paid for his tractor new. I bet he will bite on that deal and I will have something to do next winter.
ihrotate.gif

Don T, You will love that 125 for yard duty. I know I like mine. Always puts a smile on my face. I use my 127 for yard duty around here and it cuts beautiful. My 125 has the sickle bar on it so I only take that out a couple times a year. Always get a kick out of the cigar lighter plug. Very un PC these days. Just my .02.

Melody Schutz

I do have a 48" deck refurbed with new spindles and deck belt with new spring and idler pulley . Just need to paint the sub frame to install. I have done the PTO and it is working great. I would love to find a sickle bar cutter . I hope some day to find one . I know what you mean by not PC friendly . I really don`t understand why this c**p has to come up so often ; It certainly is disturbing to the point that I have agreed to sell most of my Cubs . It took me three days to have three spoke for when the snow is gone so I can get them out of storage and running. I will sell till I have only four left ; I `am look at a Fat Boy H D and will spend my summer running it and sell my Nomad. Camping and my MC take up most of my summer . I have put off a trip across Canada now two summers with my diesel truck and camper . This might be the summer that we will go for three weeks at least . I sure hope this winter soon ends .
a_weep.gif

Don-

Didn't we hear a lot about this 125 last spring??? I think it was the carb or governor.

I think I suggested getting it fixed up, paint, deck, and all for the wife. She'd put claims on it in no time.

Wayne

I got the 125 running great now. I installed the point saver and rebuild a carb and got the timming all dialed in .nice to see it run and charge like it should . I have the fenders primed for yellow paint and the seat bracket is next. I do have to go and buy a new seat for it. it seems that all the seats I bought in the last few years have cracks in the vinyl .It is hard to buy a seat that will last. There so much snow here that the sub frame for the deck in my shed will have to Waite till the snow melts to get it out.

Don T--You are gonna love that 125! I agree with Melody, every time that I use my sons 125 which we lovingly call the Cub-Z, it brings a smile to my face! Whenever I use it, I can't get the VW slogan out of my mind, "Small but tough!" They are handy and conveniently sized. Yours is looking really nice and I can't wait to see pics of it this summer in use!
biggrin.gif

Back