• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 125

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don T - you're on a roll. I'm hoping and praying!!!
angel.gif

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya Don. I wish you woulda pulled the head and verified the valve head to valve seat was clean on both. But don't stop now!
1AA_dance2.gif

Mike Frade

I checked for TDC when I had the base pan off and checked the valves. I know they are clean .

254228.jpg

Don-

Keep at it Don. You're almost there. I bet it runs like a striped a$$ ape.

Why did you remove the piston? I didn't think you removed the "inards". I thought the pic of the crank and pencil was an old pic. It does make working on the gov a lot easier.

I like your little magnetic (assuming) tray too.

Don T - it must be nearly 6pm your time (or are you 4 hours from me?). I know you take to many breaks (probably half as many as me). Can we please have a sound video so we hear the engine running????
blush.gif

OKay Don, check that one off the list. In that photo, is that a ring setting in the cylinder? And it looks like the head gasket had blown out, or was that just the photo?

Mike F - looking at that pic you could'a told ole Don it's no wonder it don't run. He forgot to put the piston in (hehehe
err.gif
)

Don T - come'on now, we're all waiting.

If you look back in the archive of this thread, you'll see that Don posted that same photo on February 28, 2011. I highly doubt that he tore it down that far again...

Kraig, Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - are you sure. I tried to compare the pic from Feb 28, 2011 and Feb 20, 2013. It takes alot of flippng back and forth, etc. The most recent pic looks to me like the engine has a little more wear and maybe a few more spots of grease, probably from being tore down and put back together twice - or maybe a few of the pixels got mixed up in storage - just don't know for certain but figured you would -
destroy.gif

(glad to know Don didn't tear it down that far).

Hydro, I'm sure. Here they are one above the other for your comparison pleasure, or to compare at your leisure:

TOP photo originally posted on February 28, 2011:

254253.jpg

BOTTOM photo originally posted on February 20, 2013:

254254.jpg

Ok the carb was the issue:Ask Wayne S , he called and I run the 125 engine for him. man I think I have another great working tractor.These Cubs can be a problem. But I did learn and that is a good thing. and I know I`am not alone .

I sure would'a like to hear that conversation between Don and Wayne - the Nova Scotia accent and the Southern accent
err.gif
And I did learn something - I ain't using an ultrasonic cleaner to clean my carbs.

Don - I know I kinda been giving you a hard time, but I really wanted to encourage you to get to the bottom of your problem. Gotta have a little fun doing it. I am really glad you figured it out. And honestly, I think you probably can still clean up that carb and get it to work.

Don-

I jumped the gun and posted a note to you over in the main forum so I won't repeat.

To you other guys-

I didn't give ole Don any more advice than several others gave. He's the one with the patience. I did hear it run over the phone several times and it sounded great as well as revved nicely. I might have turned that other carb into a baseball and thrown it over the fence.

Harry-

Don's the one with the accent lol! I certainly understand that he can't help it though and he's nowhere near as bad as a New York accent.

Thank you all for your encourment. I did get er done in the end .It does make me feel good to see the rebuild 125 engine run like it did. man it does sound good , better than the video. I know it is going to be a strong engine and a great grass cutter for me.I must have about 4 spare carbs here that I now will test and find a good carb for the 125.I don`t think I will touch the timing on the 125 again, it does run sweet and I want to get the seat on it and a blade to work the rebuild as soon as possible. I worked my 129 as soon as I could getting it real hot and it proved to me that is the way to break these engines in.They love it and you get a good ring seat and it makes a good engine.I now will work on a Carb for it in the am and have some fun. the worst is over. The cub charges and runs great. I have to thank all my Cub friends for there encouragement in this long process.But guys it does feel great to win sometimes.I`am a happy camper to have the fleet that I have and they all now run great. The 123 will get my attention now and get her running like all my other tractors.It does make me smile,when a friend comes over and say ; how can you spend so much time on those tractors. I just love to let them take a Cub for a drive.pick one I say and try it.I see the grin when they come back after a run.Makes me happy when they say ( I should have one of those Yellow and white tractors)
clappy.gif

Back