• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 125

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Don! Here's a "before" pic - as in just before it left here!
219678.jpg

Taking the 125 apart more this am , and washing out some of the dirt and grease.
219805.jpg

219806.jpg

219807.jpg

219808.jpg

219809.jpg

219810.jpg

219811.jpg

What a pain with all the rust just trying to get the 125 apart
bash.gif
. This drake rod cotterpin won`t let go. I attempted to drill but did not have much luck. I need to remove it to get at the bolt that holds the steering box in place on the frame.

219820.jpg

Don, I believe you're gonna need a small punch to drive it out. Or if you can break off each end of the cotter pin the rod might come out. On my #2 125 that brake rod rusted in place on the transmission end and then broke so there are no longer any brakes on that Cub. Good thing it's a hydro and I don't have much for hills on the property...

Don-
Couldn't you remove the tunnel cover and get at it easier from the top? Oh wait...I forgot... This is one of those "Perfection 125's".
roflol.gif

Well I don`t give up easy lol. I did get that pin out without breaking anything.This will be my first nf tractor,It might be some time till I get at the 147
bash.gif
.I think all these old tractors were left out side and rust is the biggest problem with taking them apart.In the am I should have this apart and then its all sanding from here on in. Thanks guys .
old.gif

Art, that was a low blow!
Don, you sure don't give up easily!!
"I should have this apart and then its all sanding from here on in".
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif

I wanted to get the 125 rear end ready to install but the brake won`t move. I used pb blaster and soaked it last night.With a tap on the rod I can move it about an inch.
219932.png

I looked in parts look up and see the pin has a slot in it and removed the brake adjuster nut so I could remove pin 6 . That pin will not budge
bash.gif
. I wanted to see how much of the brake puck was there. I think this will go back together like it is.I need to find a better way to get these rusty tractors apart. There must be something on the market today that will eat the rust for me.??

? why does a new post load at the bottom of the Page ??????????????.
bash.gif

Much better ! I sprayed some rust check on them stubborn parts and got 7 moving again with out the adjuster bolt. I put the adjuster bolt back in place (where it was) and can now move the rod back and forth to the brake puck.
yikes.gif
I think I will have a working brake now. I also redid the trunnion , I installed new springs and got it working. I have one check valve stuck and will take that out and See if I can free it up next.
219935.jpg

My project for this afternoon was to be sure the manual hydro valves worked on the 125 pump. Just to be sure I removed them and installed one at a time on my 1512 dieasel and ran the tractor. I was able to get both working with the button popping back easly. So I put them back in the 125 hydro pump.This rear ends just needs new fluid and filter and I`am good to put it back in the tarctor. A Day done for me.Slow and sure won`t win a race but it will , get er done. Email says CCS shipped my parts today at 1.01 pm . Thanks Charlie
thumbsup_old.gif

This one's going to need some work, but it came with a #1 cart. Looks like someone tried to disguise the original engine as a replacement. Rear axle may have gotten bent when front blade got broken off. That may also be when the hood disappeared.
smile.gif
220011.jpg

Don-

Have you replaced the O-ring on the brake puck? If not, I would, so you don't have to pull the rear again to change it.

I think Charlie stuck me and my "new 125" at the top of this thread to show he has a sense humor?
thumbsup_old.gif

Matt g
No I did not change out the o ring yet , I will need heat to get the pin (6) out. It did not leak and I did get the brake arm moving. That O ring would be the only thing that I did not have a look at. Heck I guess your right I should finish it and replace the O ring and I`ll be done. Thanks Don

Frank C

I thought you stopped playing that rough with your toys awhile back, Say 50 some years ago
thumbsup_old.gif

Well I did cut a hole in a block of oak today so I can make a puller for the steering wheel that has been soaked every day.I will take it to be cut on a band saw later.I`am sanding away here.
bash.gif
bash.gif
I hate to sand , I know its all in the prep work ,But ,all my tractors work.
tomato.gif

Back