Moose r us/ccspecailties

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice boxes ; I wish I would have bought bigger because all my tools won`t fit in my roll cabinet.

CHARLIE - Waterloo made the little OEM tool box IH used on the 86 & 88 series farm tractors. Guy next to me handled them as a supplier. We almost made a trip there one weekend to pick up some scratch & dent Craftsman tool chests & cabinents. They were the maker of them back then, and suspect they are now.

I've seen those General boxes somewhere, can't remember where and I was Impressed with them.

ANYTHING gloss red is going to be better than ANYTHING any other color right? ;-)

It's better to have too much tool storage room than and grow into it than not have enough.

Buddy of mine went thru 3 Snap-on roll around cabinents in 2-3 yrs, with all his tools and two side cabinents, the wheels would push their way thru the bottom of the cabinent. S-O salesman finally said no more replacements. His MAC cabinents are holding up just fine. And they're about half the cost of the S-O's too.

Charlie - I replaced my Dad's 1948 Craftsman 26" base and top with a US General from HF last summer. I compared with everything available in the big box stores and thought the quality matched. Hope dad isn't upset about me going Chinese... I did pass his rollaround on to my son...

I've also bought a pair of the 5 drawer tool carts, one here and one at home.. Really well built, gas cylinders for the lid, etc...

Kraig, had no idea you are on the GJ forum. A lot of money-no-object folks over there. A lot to learn though.

OK Charlie, show us what ur rig can do !
biggrin.gif

I need a minute to blow the snow off my driveway.

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/snowblowvch1

Allen S.
I'll be playing again on Tuesday, with the wind blowing at 35 to 40 today, I'm gonna wait till it quits before firing up again.
Just came from the house and there's 3.5' drifts now. they should 5 or 6' by tomorrow, LOL

Ya know!
You would think that thing would plow through that snow like nothing, but that's the 3rd one of those I've seen and they all seem to bog down way to easy!
Something just ain't right.

I agree, Charlie- it oughta take that bank at the Blunier ramming speed..

I'll get my buddy to race him with his Oshkosh with a Walters blower/ there are 3 augers on this and a detroit driving the blower...
283082.jpg

283083.jpg

Charlie and Scott, I have to wonder if some of the problem is that it probabily doesn't have a governor on it. I'm not a car mechanic, but dont remember ever hearing about a gov on an automobile. Maybe it would work better if he put a 'cruise control' module on it ??

Jerry B., I do not have a user account there I just lurk now and then. I agree with your assessment, lots of money-no-object projects there.

Scott, that looks like the big brother to the old Sicard SnoMaster Junior that a friend of mine used to have. Not sure if he still owns it or not. I took these photos back in the mid 1980's. He had the discharge chute extension off in these photos. He was refurbishing it thus the primer. If I recall correctly this had a 4cyl. Chrysler for the drive wheels and a 6cyl. Hercules for the blower.

283098.jpg

283099.jpg

283100.jpg

Charlie,

I DO like the bank cutters in that video- perhaps Aaron should offer them.... maybe with IH carved into them or your tractor's model....
thumbsup_old.gif

Allen,

It's BBC, it shouldn't need a governor- prolly 300 lb-ft right off idle...

Kraig and Jerry:

Thanks to you two, I just lost several hours I'll never get back ..... I hadn't looked at Garage Journal in years, although I belong to one of the other associated ones (Jalopy Journal) and read Bangshift daily....
clappy.gif

Charlie,
I see you are starting to stock some stuff at CCS, How is Moose R us doing?
and was some of that ir-replacable like the IH stuff

Jeff, looking at the Moose site they had a bunch of items that were 1-of-a-kind, but not necessarily ir-replacable. The items lost in the fire are photo albums, heirlooms, special treasures, memories of things that can never be replaced. Played that game when part of my house got flooded years ago. It really sucks.

After all this time and I just last night saw that the freakin hoses on the 1450 loader had not burnt off, and it was within 15 ft. of where the fire started!
And setting next to the forklift and really fried!
284308.jpg

284309.jpg

Charlie, weird that they didn't burn up. Was that bucket salvageable or did it go to scrap?

Latest posts

Back