• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtkruse

displayname
ROBERT KRUSE
Hello. I have been reading everything I can find on a 1650 before I start working on mine. I finally found out why this 1650 has 2 levers as it came with the option of hydraulic connections in the front. Having said that the enter lever is broken off where it connects to the other lever. A nut is still there but I can see where the shaft sheared off. My thought is that there is a lock nut to keep the shaft from backing out. I say that to say this: What is the best way to remove the shaft and or nut? It is very tight, probably semi rusted, and I wanted to know if any one knows what the metal is that the shaft screws into. Is it aluminum or some pewter type material? I want to make sure I do not snap it off as well. Have put some WD40 on it to help loosen it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

It's a either cast or forged iron.
Common problem on a lot of the dual stick Cubs.
Thanks, appreciate it. I can be a little more forceful with that. If this is a common problem is the cause based on to weak of a just not being careful and overpowering it? If other than those causes is there any suggestions/corrections when replacing?

Latest posts

Back