• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Moose r us/ccspecailties

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sad.gif

Under edit to your comment above: Good point on the steel becoming soft.

I could have tried save a lot of stuff, BUT, with the high heat that everything went through, Most of the steel was super soft and it really couldn't be trusted, so off it went.

Digger - It's a good thing you had that little red car safely parked on the wood pile, away from the fire!

(I hope that attempt at humor doesn't make me too much of a jerk...)

284312.jpg

Greg,
That belongs to the State Fire Marshall.

Out of 5 vehicles, 2 4 wheelers, Polaris Ranger, 12 Cubs, 240A, forklift, well you get the idea. We ended up with the one ton.

Guess we had to much STUFF anyway.

Man, when you start to list it all off like that, I get a little sick to the stomach again.

I know you don't have any choice but to press on, but I sometimes wonder if I'd be able to handle it as well as you have. You're a good man, Mr P.

It's not that anyone can or can not handle any situation!
They can if they decide to.
And we decided to handle it, LOL

The wife and I had a discussion the other day about our situation, and I told here that she had done extremely well dealing with things!

Unbeknownst to me, she had over heard my reply to the state fire marshall when he said that I seemed to be handling it extremely well while we were watching the smoke rolling up from the ashes.

I told him I had two choices.
1. Dig threw the ashes, find a gun and blow my head off.
2. Start right then and there to plan how to get things up and running again before winter set in!

And smiled at me and said good answer, as well as Good point!

Many have said, it's a good thing no one got hurt.
My reply is, I'd rather have gotten burnt or hurt, than loose everything we owned.
Granted it's just stuff, but dammit it was our stuff that we worked hard all our lives to get.

I was to old to start over 5 years ago, and I'm damn sure to old to do it now.

So since I'm stuck in this god forsaken frozen hell hole until the wife's dad passes, I'll make the best of it, frozen toes, ashes and all!!!

Charlie, Ditto what Greg said. I can't even imagine going through that. They say your only given what you can handle. I say your pretty tough.

Is that for the shop/building? Lookslike you have a basement under that slab with the "Flexi-core" precast concrete.

Charlie, good to see more progress!
thumbsup.gif
Is this water or ice? Looks like water. Could it be that the thaw has actually started up there?

284427.jpg

Kraig,
That's actually water! LOL
The tile is still shiny though!
It hit 48 here today.

Tom,
Solid 8" foam, no hollow core stuff for me.

I don`t think you will used no were near the wood to heat that building . what do you plan on using for a heat source (wood boiler) ? Nice to see things are coming together for you , kind a makes me happy for you to have life back on track and less stress . I bet that will go up fast and in a week it could be tight . Nice .

Good to see you are moveing along with the rebuild Charlie. Looks good.

Latest posts

Back