• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Moose r us/ccspecailties

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
Nic that is a great idea and Kirk was right about a thread.

Now if someone helps by starting a paypal account (I have no idea how) I will surely be in line. I want to help somehow
I know there is a before picture in the archives but I could not find it

11-16-11:
264234.jpg
16,480 sq. ft.

What about sending money to CC Specialties and have in the subject line "fire relief fund" or something like that?
I assume anyhow that Charlie has a pay pal account for CC Specialties. Right?
1a_scratchhead.gif

CCSpeacalties is closed now, someone on here must have the "know how" to setup a legit PP account.

How 'bout a check to Attic Moose Antiques, LLC, PO Box 288, Park Rapids, MN 56470 as listed on Moose-R-US.com website...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Nice idea about the checks but have to wonder if they would feel obligated in some way for the donations. An anonamous<font size="-2">(sp?)</font> way of donating might be a better way to go. Think Kraig might accept checks to cash and then give to Charlie??

sounds like too much work and exspense for non computor people like me,

Kraig can we send you checks to cash for Charlie?
Kraig please check with Charlie and find out what we can do..and if the cash would be a good idea.

NO OBLIGATIONS REQUIRED

I agree with Jeff, The money would end up in your bank account anyway without paypall taking their share. Just not as easy for people to donate.

I spoke with Charlie about a year ago and he doesn't take PayPal or have an account that I know of. Maybe things have changed. I sure wish we could hear from him just to know he's doing as well as could be expected. This is one of lifes most trying times for anyone involved.

Well, I guess I see both arguements. I'm from the technology generation, so it's easier for me to do everything electronically. You can actually just "transfer" fund from friend to friend without any fees if your PayPal account is linked directly to your bank account (instead of a Credit/Debit card). But if you don't have a PayPal account, I could see it being tough.

I was imagining a Donation button right under the "suggestion" sentence under the sponsors, so it's on every page. A Mod should be able to do that.

But maybe someone could just post Charlie's full name and address (with his permission) so we can mail him a nice card with well wishes and a little something to help them out right now.

I'm game for both and I offer my PayPal account for use if needed.

Like most of you I have been wondering how I can help out Charlie. I have not heard from him directly. I see he posted on the main forum about an receptacle/outlet/plugin being the cause.

I have been thinking of sending a card with a check or cash to the Attic Moose Antiques, LLC PO box as the safest bet.
dunno.gif
As I posted before I sure feel helpless/useless.
sad.gif

I'll try to call him tomorrow and see if I can get a hold of him. Not sure if the number I have is a cell phone or a land line.

THANKS GUYS!!!!!

It means a lot to know that your at least thinking about us. I really appreciate it.

BUT, I would rather everyone put the money towards their Cubs or food on the table or help someone more down and out than we are.

We've got insurance, and they were at the scene in less than 2 hours after the fire was out and handed me a check for 5K just to get use by.

Right now it's just a matter of digging through the rubble to salvage the least little thing and not think about the devastation your standing in the middle of.

It's sad when you take a little break and look around and have to think where you are in your own place. Actually it's more sickening than sad.

I haven't let it get to me as yet, but I'm sure it's gonna come sooner or later, LOL
Right now I'm still in the survivor mode trying to get as much done before winter really sets in.

After that we'll decide what path to take.

And again, I/We appreciate all your thoughts and post of support.

We'll make one way to the other, we always have!!!!

greenthumb.gif

Charlie - I'll be in FL on Sunday, my place will not be in use - I'm staying with someone else again... If you need a break, or want to soak some sun while you make decisions, c'mon down, mi casa es su casa......

Charlie - I'm so glad to see your posting, and that you are maintaining your strong attitude. I certainly hope ole man winter takes a break to give you just a little more time. There are so many of us on here that wish we could be there to just give you a hand. We're all hoping and praying for ya. If you can at all please give us an update when you can, or maybe if you could just let Kraig know something once in a while so he could keep us informed.
Hoping for all the best,
Hydro Harry

Charlie,
Sad, very sad. From far away South Africa, my condolences with your loss. My prayers and best wishes are for strength and wisdom to rise again.

Charlie we are all glad to see your post and most where looking hard at the picture for some yellow and white.
We are all thinking of You and your wife, may I ask if Chewy made it.

CCSpecialties, was an awesome referrence page for us cub guys to know what a part SHOULD look like and if we are being ripped off for parts on pricing.

Although I never bought from CCSpecialties, I have used other sponsers for different things.

I was wondering out loud with my fingers if you would ever consider opening it back up as maybe a part/pricing reference page??

Just think in 30 or 40 years guys will say remember those days and someone will post it on a forum from a saved picture (probably froms Kraigs hard drive that his great,great grand kids found)
and they be like
drool.gif

Just beyond comprehension to view that sad picture, I can't quite find the words to say to you Charlie. So sorry for you both...thoughts and prayers.

Back