• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Look what followed me home

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wound up with a load 2 weeks ago when we went after "Casey". A 100 w/creeper, deck and rear PTO, and 2 parts 109's

285529.jpg

"Hmmmm, Puuurrr, Puurr, so this is what a rear PTO looks like!!! And, whats tgat funny little lever/knob thingy sticking out of the tunnel??"

285530.jpg

David Schwandt - Nice! How many Cub Cadets did you have 2 years ago? I remember talking to you and showing you how the sleeve hitch works at the Plow Day in Waukon, Iowa. I even helped you spend some cash with the guy selling things there(sorry...). Seems Yellow Fever has hit you a bit hard, but that's a good thing!

David S. Awesome load that you have there. Plus that is one happy looking little kitty. I think she claims that one.

David, seems Princess is tending to her duties of checking over the newest additions when you get them home. She must inspect...then decide if its YOUR tractor or Hers, right? Its so cute how she has to check out the new ones. Fancy does the same thing when marlin brings home a cucyy...mr. inspector is there, usually in the bed of the truck, checking everything out, even before he can get them unloaded. lol

cath

Well, now for my "look what followed me home" post.

These came home on over the weekend..

285864.jpg

285865.jpg

QA42A Snow Thrower, and some other parts
285866.jpg

#1 Tiller, 42" hydro angle blade, 38" deck
285867.jpg

The 1650 is a 6/78 production date and the 127 is a 7/70 Production Date.

The 1650 is up and running, and has a 50A deck, 3 point hitch and ag tires currently. Have a set of 55lb OT wheel weights, and have the original turfs. If I am reading the hour meter correctly, it has just over 400 hours on it.

The 127 needs some work. It is currently not running, looks like it has a fairly new wiring harness (but it is not 100% connected), has the IH spring assist, ag tires and an hour meter that is on the tunnel cover (it is all busted up though). Someone has added lights. It is missing the button for the lift, and the brake pedal and hydro dump lever are stuck down..... so it will need some love before it is running.

The decks, snow thrower, and hydro snow blade are in used but very good condition. The #1 tiller (no extensions so it is small) needs a paint job, but is in good shape otherwise.

I am looking forward to trying everything out....

Scott...Great finds! You gotta love it when things follow you home! Looks like your in for a lot of fun with all those toys.

Well, it happened. I got on Craig's List and "what to my wondering eye appeared --" but a Model 122, for sale, of course. Since I "need" a narrow frame gear-drive to complete my collection, look what followed me home:

286847.jpg

286848.jpg

286849.jpg

286850.jpg

Serial Number 157125 produced near the end of the month of May 1966.

Came with a 48" deck in good condition:
286851.jpg

286852.jpg

And a few extras, including a seat to which arms can be attached; although the mounting bolts, as the seller noted, "don't match up." The starter/generator wasn't charging, so the owner replaced it. He also replaced the clutch, and the starter solenoid (based on the "spare parts" that came with tractor).
286853.jpg

Overall, the tractor seems to be in good shape. I think I am the third owner. The fellow I bought it from (a Marine diesel mechanic stationed at New River Air Station in Jacksonville, NC) told me he got it from a relative (I can't remember which one). I believe it came from Ohio, or at least that is where he is from.
286854.jpg

Now, the bad news.

The engine is knocking REALLY badly. I was afraid to start it when I got it home for fear it would throw the rod. It started up and ran without smoking during the test drive, though.
286855.jpg

The deck also has a crack on the discharge side.
286856.jpg

All-in-all, I think I got a pretty good deal on the tractor and deck. If this were an appraisal site, I would ask how much I should expect to pay for the lot. As it is, I can tell you I gave the seller $450 USD.

Nice tractor J.C. !

I once had a knock on the 73.. turned out to be the clutch disc - the holes for the drive pin had wallowed and the disc was self destructing..

Might be something to check?!?!?

Jeremiah, very nice! BTW, sometimes the mechanical PTO can make a load knocking sound when it is not engaged and no implements are attached and a belt is not installed. Engage the PTO and see if the knock is still there. Save the white fiberglass pan seat AND the blue edging! They can be reupholstered but you'll need to reuse the blue edging as it and the fiberglass pan seat are NLA. I would have that crack in the deck skin welded up before using it as you do not want that to spread. Is one of the front deck hangers broken off?

Kraig: Good eye. Yes, one of the front deck hangers is no longer with us. The seller said he priced one at $15 on the Internet. It seems to me that when I priced one at the dealer, the cost was more like $40.

I'm not sure it shows up in the pictures I posted, but the fiberglass seat has a good-sized hole in it, so it would have to be "patched." I was surprised at how comfortable the seat was.

I tried engaging and disengaging the PTO clutch, and the pitch changed a bit, but not much: the driven belt was NOT attached --couldn't hang the deck! I think I may try mounting a deck I have on-hand, because the knock wasn't exactly steady, and it didn't respond to changes in RPM as I would have expected a rod bearing to do.

Mike: You can't tell from the picture, but the "spare" clutch only had three pins, so I think that possible source of knock has been addressed.
happy.gif

Picture of the seat damage on my newly acquired 122:

286865.jpg

By-the-way, no one commented on the steering wheel modification by the seller. I think it works great, even though it isn't original. Any thoughts?

I saw the original steering wheel in the photo. If it were mine I'd put the original back on.
happy.gif
Ouch on the seat pan! I'd still keep the blue edging!!

Jeremiah, Nice find. PTO is probably knocking if it doesn't have those do hickeys in there to hold it in place, Sorry my mind went blank. Someone will come up with correct term.

I love it Jeremiah,
greenthumb.gif
, don't think there's anything wrong with price either,

No longer have the 1200C/P Harley sporty, now I have this,
286898.jpg

Will be a lot warmer in the winter and dryer in the rain.

That is a pretty nice car. I rented them several times and they were nice to drive.

Got tired of trying to fix the ATC250R so I bought this not long ago. Honda TRX450R

289483.jpg

Latest posts

Back