• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Look what followed me home

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kraig....brains been fartin' again.

I didn't put the fact together that Jeffs didn't have the engine installed.

Sometimes I have a problem with that "forest for the trees" thing.

Thanks again!

O.K.. I don't know if this officially counts since its green, and since it isn't OFFICIALLY mine yet.. but here's what I'll be driving home from the scrap yard eventually.
257595.jpg

257596.jpg

257597.jpg

257598.jpg

257599.jpg

257600.jpg

CHARLES - Sorry, but I gotta ask "WHY"? If it's already in the scrap yard it's where it belongs. Next door neighbor had a #45 just about like that one 40+ yrs ago and on any given day we could combine more oats & cover more acres with our #30 JD pull-type than he could with that 45. Hard to believe that JD made an even smaller self-propelled, the #40.

It's probably a little light for a demo-derby machine.

The neighbor Dad used to trade help with bought a #55 w/ 2-row corn head & 13 ft platform with another neighbor when Dad quit farming. Now that was a decent machine. Would run 4-5 MPH combining two rows of 125+ BPA corn. And my Buddy scrapped his #55 twenty yrs ago and he only farmed 22 acres. He bought a 6600 for less than scrap price, his heads & platform from the 55 fit the 6600. He sold the motor off the 55 to somebody 2-3 states away, took some hyd. parts off the combine and rolled it over into his ditch. The hyd parts became the power-steering for his Allis D-12 Industrial loader/backhoe tractor the last year or two. Works good!

The bigger machines like the #95 & #105 were considered "Too Big" for our area. But now all the BTO's are running combines twice that size. The were lots of 6600's, & 7700's around home, 25 miles from Moline. My Brother-in-law still combines 700-800 acres of corn & beans every fall with the 6620 his Dad bought new 30+ yrs ago.

Lot of green combines sold around home that close to East Moline. That was until 1978. Then some red ones showed up.

Kendal: No, rofl.. Its not going into the demo derby. Nice Idea, but maybe for a little bit newer 45, (with a cab and seat-belt). Or a bigger and newer 55 (again, with a cab and seat-belt).

Marty: Thats what the 10 foot grain table is for.. Cutting the really tall grass so the cub can cut the other stuff. ;)

Dennis: No need to apologize.. If you never ask, you'll never learn, right? A couple reasons why, actually: 1: tractors are the fad. EVERYONE wants a tractor.. I want to be different. (another way of looking at it: How many people can say they have a restored combine?) 2: I think it is cool, being open station and running on gasoline. 3: There aren't that many 45's around, fom what I'm told.. it was mostly 55's and 95's, supposedly.

Dennis and Charles,

Should something that is not as efficient as modern equipment be scrapped? I hope not. Anything old that can be restored in my opinion is wonderful, because this stuff is not made any more.
I have a SCAG zero turn commercial mower that can out-mow any cub cadet. Does this mean I should scrap all my cubs? I shudder at the thought!
I'm shure you feel the same way about all your nice cubs too.
thumbsup.gif

Charles MWK.... I gotta give ya 5 gold stars.. Go For It!!!

Dennis ... You party pooper!! (Well, OK, I admit, when I first saw his pics, I thought "WTF")

Marty..... Me too - 19 HP Tiger Cub, W/48" deck (So we got both bikes and mowers in common)

Gerry,

Dang, I had to go look and make sure it was still in the basement.
lol.gif
Mine is a 19 HP Tiger Cub with a 48" deck!
Great minds think alike.

Thanks, Gerry! I start work at the salvage yard tomorrow.. Wish me luck, I'll need it!

This 105 sat for 14 years. Cleaned carb,changed oil and it fired up and runs good.
258276.jpg

Always wanted one of these, it needs some tlc but its complete and engine turns.
Does any one have a manual online?
263267.jpg

263268.jpg

263269.jpg

Nice find Jeff, you ever find a 2nd plastic top for it, let me know. Mine is smashed. It looks exactly like yours, rip cord halfway out and all. LOL

Mike out of curiosity what serial number is yours, I am trying to decifer the numbers

Mine reads
Model 3314 R
Serial 0330014U011076

Jeff and Mike: Per this very old thread from another website, the mowers were built by Lawnboy and may be similar mechanically to a LB D600...

Mike and Jeff: A friend of mine is a Lawn Boy collector and has about 80 different models. He has two of the yellow and white IH ones - serial #1 and #2. Came across them by accident no less. I'll check with him and see if he knows about the model/serial numbers. Not sure if he has any spare parts.

Mike and Jeff: A friend of mine is a Lawn Boy collector and has about 80 different models. He has two of the yellow and white IH ones - serial #1 and #2. Came across them by accident no less. I'll check with him about the model/serial numbers. I don't know if he has any spare parts.

Well, I have a long story behind this ordeal but I'll try and keep things to a minimum.

Today I made my second trip to get this 982. I checked the serial number so I'm guessing all 982s are associated with MTD. This one does say International on the hood and that's what threw me. The first trip ended with my getting told to "get off of my property" and that's exactly what I did. That was two weeks ago this Friday. Last Monday the gentleman came to my house and apologized for "showing his ass" and the deal was back on. After all, he came to my house in the first place a couple of months ago and told me he had a 982 he wanted to sell. This gentleman is 80 years old and his mental faculties are slipping somewhat...in other words, he don't remember crap from one moment to the next. Anyway, I told him I may be interested but it would take me a couple of weeks to raise the money. He said that would be fine and that's what happened. When I got the money I went there on a rainy Friday to get the tractor. While I was there I asked him about the deck and he just started oozing attitude and said, "well lets just forget the whole thing then". I wasn't upset but had a feeling I was up against a medical condition or something. He had mentioned that he thought there was a deck but forgot. I also asked him about the side panels which he had in another barn. We ended up making two trips to this barn, one for the potential deck and one for the side panels. While there the second time he pointed to another cub that had a 44" deck and said he thought that might be the deck for the 982. I asked if he would part with it and he blurted NO!. We got back in his car to return to the 982 and I asked him why he even mentioned it then. I also said it was difficult trying to deal with a bad memory and that's when he said I could just get off of his property. I got out, removed the battery I had installed on the tractor, got in my vehicle and left. I had gone to a lot of trouble to ready myself for the sale and transport. It was also about 30 minutes away.

Long story short...here's what's on the trailer in MY yard now.

board-post.pl

The bad news is it has 1400 hrs on the maintenance meter. It has front hydraulics, rear pto, and the cat O I've mentioned. The other bad news is the engine is an Onan and I'm not sure I can afford to do any maintenance costwise. From the looks of the front tires the tow-in needs correcting badly as well. I plan to work this machine mainly by r/r engines from other cubs and maybe a carry-all. Since Kraig posted the 3 pt addition for sleeve hitching I will have to make that too. It just makes sense.

Wish me luck...this is my first red addition.

Latest posts

Back