Loaders & Pumps....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I switched tractors for the loader but it is mounted to the subframe and tractor. I need some help engineering the pump hook up.

any suggestions welcome, the po said it ran off the pto and that is where I want to run it.
heres a few pics to start, more to come

288965.jpg

288966.jpg

288967.jpg

This is how I built mine....with a mower mule drive.

288998.jpg

288999.jpg

289000.jpg

Steve I am going to investigate the mule drive idea, My subframe hangs on the frankenstine bolts and I may have to change them or back them out some.

Steve, thanks for the idea.

Here is what I have so far, now to find time to get it welded in place on the mule hanger.

And Imagine, after researching the pump, I found out that it was made by Cessna Airplane for Johnson. And that it was a propiertory item,, meaning not too many people can help me with it.

289088.jpg

289089.jpg

289090.jpg

289091.jpg

Jeff - have you googled "Cessna Pumps" ? Cessna/Eaton is still around and there are quite a few suppliers of parts. I just went through this with an Admiral commercial pressure washer pump and a little digging turned up everything I needed..

Cessna is REALLY common.....otherwise $80-100 will get you a brand new gear pump on-line. They just aren't that expensive for what you need in a GT loader.

Gary, I will check into it with Cessna but I really don't need anything mine is supposed to work, which I hope to test this weekend. I am going to try to get around to the welding tommorow. This is just one of those weeks at work and home where its go,go,go and then some more go.

Steve what do you think of the mule hanger/pump setup?

Jeff,

Looks great.

It will need studs for the QA hooks to grab (since you removed the cross rod).

Nice clean work!

Very good eye Steve,
I fabed with short ones but plan on longer grade 8 with threadless shank long enough to span the QA

Got my loader hooked up and it works, my issue is jumpyness on lowering, any help?

also how hot should the hydraulics get???

I am running the lightess hydrualic oil that farmfleet offers 32 I think it is

Jumpiness is the problem with quick hydraulics. Lower RPM and pump flow would help. You might want to think about plumbing in a flow restrictor if that doesn't help.

I can't really put a number to the temperature the hydraulic systems on my Farmall's both run, but after running either of them an hour even in summer, I can still put my bare hand on the pump. On the Super H I push snow with, after a half hour the pump is just getting so it doesn't feel cold anymore.

Hy-Tran is supposed to be a 10 weight oil, and I know some equipment uses Auto Trans fluid which is maybe thinner yet, so I think the fluid is O-K.

My tank will get warm, but not over 150 deg F (est.) even when running for a while.

Denny is right on with the speed of response.

Did you replace the loader valve? Any chance the valve is way oversized for the loader?

Jeff-
I don't know "squat" about hydraulics, but could your hyd. pump be spinning too fast? (wrong sized pulley?)

I am going to replace the hoses first, the current ones are thick rubber with hose clamps and an old cogger told me I may be sucking air in on the return side
1a_scratchhead.gif

I will take some temps and post, But its at the fair this week.

Mike all is working good, I did test the limits and ended up breaking off the front axel pin bushing. but it is fixed and working, if time permits tonight I will load up some pics

So what about mounting a series 95 Allied loader on a Cub? Likely would have to make your own mounting kit since I can't seem to find a listing for any older Cub models?
http://www.farm-king.com/downloads/allied_by_farm_king/brochure/Allied-FK_FEL.pdf

Says they can be mounted on something as small as a 15hp tractor. I know these are well built loaders here in Canada, or at least the larger ones are.}

Here is one mounted on one of those GREEN things. Sorry Charlie and everyone who will now have eye problems...

Latest posts

Back