• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Loaders & Pumps....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Improper loader joystick use.

284684.jpg

284701.jpg
284702.jpg

It happened in Canada in 2007 Tractor had less than six hours useage. Father was hauling a semit trailer loaded with round bales in road gear. Two year old son just bumped the joy stick He was torhown threw the windshield and only had minor cuts. the Dad managed to stay in the tractor. On a blacktop road. Insurance company wasn't thrilled at all. The front axles are resting on the pivot area and the rear axles on the bucket. wish I had better pictures of the whole thing.

Kinda off topic here but I absolutely cringe when I see little kids on equipment of any kind especially mowers.

So many bad things can happen in the blink of an eye.

Good friend of mine years ago was riding his son while mowing and for some reason he decided to suddenly jump off, slipped and lost his foot under the mower.

Neighbor across the street did this all the time. Thank God nothing ever happened, and we were relieved when he moved. Now, we have another neighbor that does the same thing with his little kid and it scares me half to death when I witness it. I would think that comes very close to child endangerment.

David, I've seen the light in your statement. I am guilty of giving my kids and grandkids rides, but never when working or mowing. I see even a ride holds some amount of danger...

Sooooo.....
284712.jpg

Now that my question has been derailed by tractor safety.
Anybody know what happened to Matt G.? He used to have some good pictures of his loader project on his website.
Thanks Don T. for calling me last night, I appreciate your insight.

I orderred a spool valve from the Surplus Center and got started on a pump mount; still not 100% on the design of it yet.

Rick, I believe Matt got a job that keeps him busy though it looks like he last logged in on Monday of this week. Here's a link to his website Once you get to his website, click on the "Tractors" button that is along the left side of the page, then at the top of the page click on the "682 Loader" button and you'll find all the details on his 682 with loader. Hmmm after a closer look at his website, it appears that he just updated it on Monday of this week. He likely logged on to update his profile.

Made some progress the last couple of days.
Had to rework my sub-frame to accommodate the wider loader arms (3" wider).
Made a couple of pieces towards mounting the pump.
Waiting on the big brown truck for the pulley and spool valve. As always, pictures are worth a thousand words!

284789.jpg

284790.jpg

284791.jpg

284792.jpg

284793.jpg

Rick

a few pictures of my loader and pump bracket .

board-post.pl

lower pulley

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

try again
facepalm.gif

284823.jpg

The lower pulley should be drilled and another set screw added opposite the key way set screw .

284824.jpg

284825.jpg

284826.jpg

284827.jpg

I hope this helps you in building the lower pump bracket . In one picture you will see the pivot bolt and in another you will see the belt tensioner bolt . I slotted the mounting bracket on the frame so I could proper alignment . A few issues I had was belts wearing on one side and slipping and the pulley walking off the pump . The slots added to the pump bracket where it mounts to the frame fixed the alignment issue and another set screw opposite the key set screw fixed the pulley walking of the pump shaft. Sorry for the Waite ; I hope these pictures help you get your pump mounted that it will work with out any problems

Rick,

Very nice and professional fab work!!!! Hats off to you!!!!

Don,
Thanks for the pictures! And positive comments guys. ( I need them, this has been 2 years of on again off again)
I got started on the pump mount Monday, but had to take a couple day break for a funeral.
The Big Brown truck finally showed up today with my spool valve and misc. stuff from the Surplus Center.
I had my heart set on a joystick valve, but could not pass on this one with float for $150.
Unfortunately the pulley does not have a keyway, so I'll have to find someone with a keyway broach.
I'm starting with a 4" driven pulley, which will keep the max rpm's just under the 4000 max @ 3600 governed. I'll start there see how it works.

284914.jpg

Rick Beem

I never run my loader wot unless I`am using the bucket . I thinking of getting a bigger lower pulley to give maximum pump pressure at a lower rpm. I don`t like to fast a ground speed but want the rpm`s to be where the pump still fast as it can be . I hope my ramblems make sense . I was in a marching shop last week that was making a new key way in the ID of a pulley . Just pressed a tool though with a big press.

Jeff B

Someday I must order the decals . The loader needs to be finished now that I got most of the bugs out. I still want a foot controlled hydro. Some day
bash.gif

Don,
Your rambles make sense to me!
I had ordered the 4" pulley before I talked to you, so it is a place to start getting things lined up if nothing else.
We had a keyway broach kit at work, but it disappeared about the time a guy retired....hmmmm.
I've done a bunch of them, but screwed at the moment.

Trying to fiqure out the plumbing of the valve. No diagrams or directions came with it...grrrrr.
P=Pressure in
T=Tank (return)
A1 A2= (cylinder up down w/float)
B1 B2= (cylinder up down)
C= ??? This on is plugged, thinking power beyond?

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Valves/Directional-Control-Valves/2-SPOOL-WALVOIL-SD5-HYD-CONTROL-VALVE-w-FLOAT-9-8459.axd

Rick B

Yes I think C is power beyond also . I think your on track and I will be happy to see you finish the loader . If I can help I will.

Back