Loaders & Pumps....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff,
Should be a bolt on IF all the brackets are there.
That is a biggee...believe me.
Cylinder condition is huge also. Look over the cylinders carefully, the front ones usually take the brunt of the damage and get left covered with manure.
Pump there? (look at the pulley it will give you an indication of how much use it has seen)
Spool valve there? Condition?
Give it your good mechanical eye. Worn holes? Loader arms straight? Bucket straight? rust? repairable.
I got burnt buying one in the dark....have a flashlight or daytime only!
Tell us how it goes!

Lots of little things can be so-so and it will still be alright if your ok with the price.
Bad cylinders or missing brackets are a deal breaker for me unless the price is extremely cheap.

I think its a johnson and it is all suppossed to be there including the 1450 it was on.

I am concerned about the hose replacement cost.

Your check list is what I was looking for and we are going at 10am. the price is real good, $300 range and nobody else has ever asked him about it.

I first saw it about a year and a half ago sitting on a trailer with the 1450 in the barn with two other cubs.

Most of my hose cost was swivel fittings. Chances are you could re-use the Johnson ones, and I have my original ones in a box yet.
Good luck Jeff (now shhhh before someone aces out out of your deal!)

I will post some pics a little later, super busy at work..

BUT
bannana_guitar.gif
I am joining the loader thread with a Johnson #10

Here are a few pics,in the truck.

I got a johnson #10 with a small bucket and it came with a bucket exstension, pump, spool valve, sub-frame and part of that is homemade but it worked on a 1250. He said it worked great on his 1250 (I thouhgt he had a 1450) and all I should need is some nuts and bolts, he even had the pump drive belt.

I know its rusty and small but we will make it work, (with the help you guys so thanks in advance)

I also got a set of duelie adatpors on is broke some. a unkown brand cultivator, and a set of QL side panals.

286217.jpg

286218.jpg

286219.jpg

286220.jpg

286221.jpg

Jeff B

Looks like you got a real steal ! My spool valve with float cost me over 300 with power beyond ports . I thought I might want to add a thumb someday .Is that a rear weight box against your left truck wheel well ?

ihrotate.gif

No, that is an exstension that encloses the long fingers on the forks.

Kraig do you have any info on a johnson #10?

Jeff,
Looks like you did just fine. The hoses even look like they were replaced at some point.
Congrats!

Ok got a few minutes here, and am looking for ideas, for the loader tractor.

This will be equipped with the smaller manure fork/bocket.
Is there any reason to use the hydraulic lift on a 149 once the loader is installed or should I go with a tractor with manual or no lift at all?

Second do I need 14hp or is 10 or 12 hp sufficient?

Rick I hope to post better pics tommorow. Got home, cleaned up, ate lunch, off to work.

I will have more questions for you guys

jeff l baker

As you know I used a 129 for my loader and I got lots a power to run everything. I can bury one wheel in a second if I`am not handy at the hydro control . I think a good working 10 k would work just fine. I take it you plan on the loader for barn chores and well **** is light and bucket control is only needed to get the bucket full. If you got a wall to help load the bucket well a trip bucket will work just fine I bet .

Jeff, I'll have my homemade loader on a 100 at AJ's - but it looks kind of puny compared to yours. lol

Jeff, I have some info on a Johnson 10TC loader. It appears that your model 10 has a single bucket/dump cylinder, the 10TC has two. I'll send what I have as zip files in an email or two.

Kraig, your correct, it has the single trip cylinder and I believe is model 10, I think the TC10 meens "twin cylinder". I also have a manure bucket/fork.

Thanks for any info you or others can find.
happy.gif

Jeff B. nice score, 10hp is plenty to run the loader, my 106 only runs out of power when pulling a sled, but low 2 seems to cure that.
The manure fork can come in handy, when I got my loader it came with one, I thought what the heck I'm gona do with that. Well it works well to dig out bushes and trees and to break up hard packed ground. I also made two extensions that slip over the tines to move pallets.

Don T. I made thumb for my MT1800, one of the best mods ever.

I hope it ok to post this link here in the sand box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kih350664uY

started on my loader project,

The cub is a 149 rollor that I put 12hp in.
286642.jpg

I had to pull the hydro lift because the loader uses those holes for mounting

286643.jpg

I also had to cut the lift handle off because the PO welded the lift handle rod to the valve link
286644.jpg

then I dropped the front axle for freshening up the axle pivot pin and ball joints are worn

Doug-
I agree with Charlie. That video of your grandson is just plain cool.

Not to mention, you have a REALLY nice yard!!

Latest posts

Back