• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Loader Dreamin'

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JERRY - Yep, you look at KRAIG's pic closely, there's another bar above the main lift arms running forward to a pivot where the lift arms angle down to the bucket, and the bucket dump cylinders attach to the pivoting piece. As the loader raises which cause the bucket to tip back and spill "stuff" onto the front of the hood the linkage tips the bucket down so the bucket stays at the same angle all thru the lift cycle. If your going to have a decent new loader it's the ONLY way to go. When your shopping the back lots of junk dealers you cant be so fussy.

The Big time operator I worked for summers in HS and college raised enough cattle he had an old CASE Construction King 420 for a loader tractor, really strong loader, huge block of concrete for rear weight, well over 1000#, chains on year-round, shuttle-shift for forward & reverse. Great for a farm loader tractor.

But the CASE 530 Construction King the Township had when I worked for them was just about perfect except for no FWA or cab. Plenty of rear weight with the backhoe attached. More HP, more weight, bigger stronger hydraulics & loader. It had shuttle-shift AND a torque-converter which could be locked out or allowed to slip with the flip of a finger on the lever right under the steering wheel. I used it to load truck-loads of sand or paving chips when we oiled roads. SIX dumps of the heaped 1 yard bucket was around 25,000 pounds of material. It took between four to five minutes to load the truck once I was on that tractor and started it.

Neighbor about 3-4 miles from me bought a used JD #710 tractor/loader/backhoe to "PLAY" with. It's about TWICE the size/capability of that Case 530. Then there's articulated end loaders. Quarry I used to get rock & chips from when I worked for the township had a BIG engloader. Three buckets filled a 5-axle semi-dump trailer to maximum LEGAL weight, and sometimes the last bucket wasn't full. Same endloader loaded my Chevy LUV pickup with rock years later... The operator got a little pile of rock in one corner of the bucket and dribbled it out slowly while I watched and told him when to stop dumping. I took maybe 1/3 of his little pile and was SHOCKED when I went across the scale, 2000# on that little LUV truck. Think I got three loads like that one day!

If I didn't have such a personal "attachment" to my old FARMALL's and Cubbies, a decent sized skid-steer would actually be better for most of what I use my old stuff for. But even if I sold all my Cubbies & Farmall's I'd still only be able to afford a beat-up wore-out old skid-steer.

ANYHOW, I think we need to talk ART into buying a LOADER. Guy posted a pic over on the RPM forum of an I4 International(standard industrial version of an H), 40's vintage, has live hyd, loader, spacers for duel rear wheels, cab w/windshield. Looks like a really stout unit!

Back