• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Little Big Tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WAYNE - Dual frts only has advantages on a frt wheel assist tractor. More contact patch, better traction. But it does place a tremendous amount of stress on the frt end parts, axles, spindles, tierods, steering gear, etc.

Unverfurth MFG was probably the first company to make "TRIPLES" for tractors. Guy named Wilson Gatewood had a brand new IH 5488 FWA equipped with triples on back and duals on front that was their poster tractor that year. Wilson is a regular poster on the RPM forum.

GLEN - I'd stick with Aaron's weights or MWSC weights. They "LOOK" better on CC's, more scale in appearance. I have a set of twelve MWSC weights painted white that I use on my 982 and could have mounted on my 129, which was the reason they were painted white. Made the bracket from a used WF mule drive for a mower.

231115.jpg

This belongs(ed) to Warren Newton, anyone know what diesel is in it or have any other pictures of it? Looks like it tucks nicely into a wideframe. Only drawback I see is not having a PTO anymore and perhaps having to lengthen the frame an inch or two. Just curious
thumbsup_old.gif

Glen C. My thoughts on a setup like that. It would be somewhat of a challenge to get both hydros to be in sync. Plus, I wonder how well turning without individual brakes would be. I'd be more inclined to build something on that order only with using the rear of the hydro shaft going to a pto type of setup that would go back to a separate cart. The cart would then be powered with the shaft coming from the Cub Cadet's hydro. This would be similar to some of the big grain carts out there. Put ag tires on the cart and when it is fully loaded the extra weight would help with traction. Two fold... One... You aren't tieing up one Cub Cadet and Two... You simply unhook the cart when it isn't needed. And then for grins and giggles. You add a remote using a ported hydro to the tractor and add a double action cylinder for hydraulic dump on the cart.

I guess it's like an airplane. Pilot on the left, copilot on the right. Pilot controls the hydro lever and brake...copilot controls the engine.
Guess it's rock/scissors/paper contest to see who steers!..
wedgie.gif

That is a Yanmar diesel, probably from a 330 etc. deere, about 16-18 hp Model 3TNA66 or 68. Could also be a 3tna72 from a 430, 455 etc. Also remember that many of the front mower units used them F935 etc.

According to Warrens' website its a perkins 100 series diesel but all the others Ive found are oriented opposite of the one thats in the tractor (oil filter and exhaust are on opposite sides to the one pictured). Its allegedly a two cylinder and theres pics of it in the archives of how he built it but I just cant seem to find them. Marlin I was moreso concerned with stuffing the engine itself into my 1466 mini to make it a diesel and more realistic than the kohler (I have too much free time and not enough money it seems haha).
Heres his site: http://www.warrenswoodenpens.com/tractors/avery-gator

I can't help out with what diesel it has but here's a few photos of it.

231185.jpg

231186.jpg

231187.jpg

Wow If I had a two seater I might get the wife to help out in the yard more..............

<font size="-2">I hope she does not read this post</font>

Thanks Kraig, thatd be handy for firewood transport, much nicer than my tin can trailer from the box store
beerchug.gif

Bill, I have a feeling that'd work only if SHE got to drive hahaha
biggrin.gif

Glen, one problem when hauling wood, or anything else that's heavy...

231201.jpg

I suppose thats the disadvantage of no suspension haha. I think something like a walking I beam suspension and leaf springs would be beneficial here.

Maybe THAT's what the two-seats are for...

When the front wheels come off the ground, you slide over to that seat and drag yer foot on the ground until the hood points where you want to go!
roflol.gif

He should have added a front weight bracket and around 100# of weight. Then he'd have trouble steering when the back is empty.

Kraig M. Do you still have a picture of that blue Club Cadet that a gentleman that lives within twenty miles of Steve Blunier made? I took some pictures and posted them either in 2001 or 2002. It was a light blue if I recall and somewaht resembled a golf cart.

Marlin, Ive seen the cub youre talking about too, theres also a 123 I believe that is blue and white, done up similar to the Spirit of '76 cubs

Marlin, you mean this one, the Carroll Club Cadet Special?

231210.jpg

Thats really neat Kraig! its amazing what cubs can be turned into with the right drive and personality.

Kraig M. That's the one. THANK YOU!!!
231218.gif
If you still have the other ones then Glen C. may enjoy those also.

Glen C. The gentleman was at the Colfax Salvage Yard, Colfax, Iowa checking over their lot when I happened across him and his modified Cub Cadet.
231219.gif
231220.jpg

Latest posts

Back