• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Little Big Tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glen C. Do you have a spare rim set that you could try the silver/yellow combo on? Couple of options here. One is for silver use aluminum paint. The other is use the type of paint they now paint the CASEIH tractor rims. (Massey Ferguson calls theirs Silver Argent if I recall correctly.)

I could be being very ignorant here, but isn't silver pretty much silver? It's gotta be available, as all of the letter series Farmalls, for instance, had those silver-painted rims too, and I see those restored all the time, so it's gotta be available somewhere.

Matt, youre right, but, Im a picky SOB. Take my my truck for example, the black paint thats GM touchup paint is lighter black than the paint MAAKO put on it before I bought it, perhaps its only my eyes (I am partially colorblind afterall. I used to use the Krylon Metallics series, it was a flat brushed aluminum type finish, not as glossy as the silver argent (exact title) I have now, a flat clear coat fixes it but still not as nice as the old stuff. Im sure somewhere carries it, just gotta find it. I do not have another set of wheels but Ill experiment elsewhere, for now, I like the all yellow. Seems almost everything on the industrial tractors made by pretty much anyone is yellow, almost like a story I heard with caterpillars, drive them through the paint to coat the tracks and park em haha.

For what it's worth Eastwood has Silver Argent.

Marlin you'll need some when you restore MY MF10 ...
whistling.gif

the 21466 mini has been very helpful lately and its helped me get a new parking spot made off our driveway. I also made and mounted my own SMV triangle, made out of the same stainless my grill is (damn grill is crooked and just noticed the other day....grrr....) just needs the reflective red tape around the edges and Im set.
I'd post pictures but the uploader isnt letting me upload even a thumbnail without it saying its bigger than 100KB
bash.gif

Glen - It's not here.
For some reason since the hurricane I'm not getting mail in Netzero from the New England area.

Send it to my AOL mail.

Got'em both with the same time stamp.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Must'a been delayed on your end.

haha I re sent the second set at the same time. guess the first ones are lost in translation. I have a question, I know my hydro pump/rear can handle a dual spool valve, but could it handle a triple spool like the JD garden tractors have? Id love to have dual front and rear hyrdo outlets but Im afraid if I used em at the same time (dual power blade for example) itd run the fluid almost out of the rear. Ideas? Im also lookin at running a hydro oil cooler form a helicopter I may have access to

Still isnt lettin me post the pictures, noticed the format for attachments changed from jpeg to popattach...maybe thats it?

Glen M. Coleman

you really have to think about your last statement (but could it handle a triple spool like the JD garden tractors have? Id love to have dual front and rear hyrdo outlets but Im afraid if I used em at the same time (dual power blade for example) itd run the fluid almost out of the rear ). Its real simple every attachment has fluid in both lines to mover the cylinder. So IF every time you connect the tractor to a new to it cylinder , you might loose fluid then. So top the res off and be able to use all your attachment that will use hyd fluid.I don`t have a problem here !
old.gif

Donald, Forgive me if Ive read incorrectly (been a long day) but youre saying its plausible to work?
Also, I like your diesel you posted on the main forum, would one of the D600/660 kubotas fit in my 149 frame? Eventually (probly long after Im dead unless I hit the lottery) Id like to make my 1466 mini a diesel.

Glen - JPEG or JPG should show as popjpeg or popjpg
in the message box until it's posted.

They'll post if you haven't changed the file extension when you saved them from the email.

While we're on your pics ... WHY are they BMP to begin with ??
One was over 7 meg !

Glen's Pics

230650.jpg

230651.jpg

230652.jpg

I took them off of my cell phone, sent em to my email and copy/pasted them to my pictures folder, then edited them down to near thumbnail size (apparently Im not as good with technology as I thought haha) Thanks for posting them, I really appreciate that. Here you can see the painted triangle I made, that trailer load and about fifteen others of equal size (not bad for a tin trailer) are now in my bonfire pile waiting to be torched if they ever dry out. Shame to see that wood go to waste, but we got three trees worth of wood yet to split and stack so farwood pictures to come! The last one is my MTD blade from my smaller mower, its not heavy enough to push it so I retrofitted it to my cub, painted to match (about five years ago, case that wasnt obvious) Thats what the plate with the four bolts on the front is for.

The center isnt orange (didnt have any paint left on the shelf) and an all red triangle looked stupid, so I threw it on there haha

Allen - You were the one that sent me the link ... you think I keep up with the Amish ?
I can't even keep up with myself! and I'm right here ... or there ... or over the hill ...

That's it , I'm over da hill !!

Back