• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Little Big Tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcoleman

displayname
Glen M. Coleman
I know im not the only one who's shrunk one of our cubs big brothers and made a garden sized masterpiece, feel free to post pictures! My first question: ive seen several 4 digit internationals in person, all with the rubber gasket mount headlights similar to the quiet lines. Im curious tho because ive seen others that have what looks like spotlights mounted in the headlight sockets, ive noticed that they appear cocked to one side or up/down and i saw a promo for one similar to jeeps with headlights that would move so you could work on the engine at night without a worklight. So How'd international mount the headlights int the 4 digit family?

Lucas, yes Kurt is/was a forum member. He has posted many photo of his 826 mini here. I did not know he had built some others. Thanks for the info and link.

KRAIG - He has ads in Red Power Magazine now for his tractors. Guess he's getting quite a few orders.

Lucas,

I believe Kurt is a member on here... I remember the pictures of the transformed 125. The one that is now an 826.

I remember him showing the relocation of the Air Cleaner to help maintain the lines, and if I remember correctly, he now has an inverter mounted under the battery on the right side, so he has AC Power anywhere he can take the tractor....

Those trump my 1466 wannabe, I didnt even bother putting the exhaust on the correct side of the hood haha. Im very impressed at the craftsmanship Kurt puts into those tractors.

Kraig - "ksmith" shows somebody that registered in '06 and never made a post , not been back since. Kurt must have used some other name variant.

Those are some sweet minis he has!

Hi everyone, I had posted a few times, then changed computers, and lost the pass word, and couldn't figure out the correct user name. Thanks for this thread, I discovered my old user name, and am now able to post again...

Thanks for the compliments on the tractors, I really enjoy building them, and the best part is I even get paid. The two I'm working on now will be tricycles. I'm having a machinist design, and build the front ends for me.

I currently have 8 orders for little tractors ahead of me.

Kurt

SEE he uses kasmith !
Sneaky rascal ...
biggrin.gif

Kurt, I thought my 1466 project was nice, then I saw your work, needless to say, those definitely qualify as garden sized masterpieces!
beerchug.gif

It's good to be back. It drove me nuts that I couldn't post stuff here. I had a plow day in Erie, MI a few weeks ago, would anyone on this forum be close enough to come to next years?

Glen, do you have any threads that have pictures of your 1466? I'd love to see it.

My 826 is the roughest tractor I've built. Honestly, every tractor since has gotten nicer. The last three were really sharp, compared to the 826.

I'm kicking around building a 1468 out of a 129 and dropping an opposed 2 cylinder engine in it. Chrome stacks and all, I think it would be a real attention getter.

Kurt

I thought about making a 14/1568 out of it but the trees in my yard have already scratched my stack up pretty good, and dual stacks would just get beat up. i also contemplated making it an orchard tractor but, I gotta go with the classic 1466 (one of my favorites). decided to go with the industrial yellow instead of red to make it a little more unique.

228540.jpg

228541.jpg

228542.jpg

228543.jpg

I made the nosecone out of a quietline nose with aluminum angle stock i bent and of course, chrome IH emblem, had the fenders made into steel from templates i dreamed up one night, the center is a batterybox out of an 82 series, the LED fender lights are off of vehiclelight.com and are reverse lights for boat trailers, also if you look back a whie i built a custom multihitch as i call it, it can be a CAT 0 3 point or a standard sleeve hitch, but obviously im missing alot of details, the air cleaner for example, the throttle lever above the steering wheel isnt there, the levers on the sides arent correct and i didnt move the muffler to the other side of the hood because i didnt wanna put too much restriction on my little K301A, its actually the muffler for an allis chalmers D-15 which i had to have coming through the hood. cut the hole out with a sabre saw and a die grinder, flared the edge out for clearance with old school body hammers and a dolly. overall, I LOVE it and its about 90% done, im sure yours will be MUCH more accurate than mine, but if mine helps you make a masterpiece, glad to be of service.
thumbsup.gif

Glen, that is very cool, I like that it's an industrial. I really like the rear lift too. You should definitely be proud of that tractor!

Kurt

KURT - Glad to see you back posting here again. I've been following your posts on the other forum, the little 430 JD made from a CC was neat. Your skills with fiberglass are GREAT!

GLEN - Question on your industrial 1466, actually, it'd probably be a "21466" since IH added a "2" in front of the Farmall model number to denote an industrial version, IS that muffler for use on an Allis-Chalmers? Looks like something from a mid-1960's vintage Allis D14/D15? The larger volume didn't really help those mufflers quiet down the 4-cyl. Allis engines but I bet it muffles the bark of a Kohler much better than a muffler from a FARMALL Cub.

Thank you Kurt, and Dennis, its actually the muffler built by Stanley for an allis chalmers D-15 diesel. It works great with the kohler, i used to run a farmall cub muffler on it but i like the oval body mufflers better and thats what international ran on their big boys. now if my budget were unlimited id send it to Kurt to have him make it look like a 1/2 scale copy, make it a diesel, and then send it to Dan Hoefler to make it a true 4x4. (he built the crawler and 4x4 100's, his link is on the main cub site and Kraig posted a bunch of pictures which can be found in the archives.

Latest posts

Back