• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Little Big Tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glen M. Coleman

next time I get out in my shop I will measure up and see if the 15 hp diesel will fit in a 149 frame. I think the only problem you would have with hyd pressure is it might be slow if you try to lift the blade and turn it at the same time. I have a 4 to 8 gallon a minute pump installed on my loader and 2" cylinders and they do slow the movement down doing two tasks a once. I think had I used 1.5" cylinders it would have moved fast at two tasks than it does now. its not a pressure problem ,but more of the volume that must be shared for the cylinders used together that creates the slow movement.
old.gif

haha, tough to admit Ken? lol
beerchug.gif

Donald, Id really appreciate knowing if itd fit, I wonder if itd be too tall moreso than long, also not sure if I could orient it the same way and not have to change up PTO's and all that stuff. I remember in the Cool IH CC's section someone made a diesel gator out of a 149 and the engine they used barely fit (grill stuck out some, but thats not the end of the world.) Mind you those engines are expensive so I doubt Ill be installing one soon, Id need to change the fuel system, electronics, make up mounts, etc. Kohler makes a three cylender diesel engine now, but they sell for about five grand a piece)I can do it Im sure, but for now Ive got other less involved projects for the cub. poor thing never saw me coming haha

No hurtful intentions, Im sure both of you can still keep up with the young guns, may not be as fast but dang sure wiser, and wisdom always wins.

While Im on the diesel daydream, does anyone have pics of how the 782D's and the rest of the diesel cubs have their engines oriented and connected to the hydros? Every D600 engine Ive found as a self standing unit are oriented with the exhaust and intake opposite that of the 782's. I appreciate it. (like learinin how all this works.)

My eyes aren't focusing yet but here's an example.
You can also see that you need a Spread Frame to fit it.

230742.jpg

230743.jpg

Tell Charlie to close his fly trap
biggrin.gif

Charlie, you heard the man!
Ken, and anyone for that matter, are there other diesels that are narrower to fit in the narrower (by comparison to the spread frame) wide frame tractors? I know CAT makes cub cadets current diesels but its hard to find information on their dimensions, I had also looked into yanmar, iseki, isuzu and all the other engines. The only ones I see being the easiest to stuff in are the briggs and stratton units or the HATZ one lungers but their top HP is about 9.5. Im sure they have torque like nothing else though. Not goin and buyin an engine tomorrow but just curious for projects down the road.

Anyone have pictures of any cubs with a small IH style front weight bracket like the red 1206 mini I posted?

Mike, indeed they are, the one on the 1206 works best for me, as it allows me to use my mule drive still. Front duals on a 782, I like it!

Glen, here's another shot of the 782 with the dual fronts, and a detail of the weight bracket. Photo taken at PD14.

231064.jpg

231065.jpg

Here's another weight bracket. Photo taken by Paul Bell at Red Power a few years back, I think in 2001.

231067.jpg

I really like the double duals haha. Thats very interesting to say the least. I think Im going to make something mount to my snow blade mount (the plate with now three of four bolts on it (broke one off dozing...cheap MTD crap lol)) Ive found some weights around the internet that are fairly affordable including the Xtreme Motorworks weights which are the heaviest next to the cast JD/NH weights

Something like Brad Datisman did on his 169/1466 mini (thanks Brad and Kraig both for all your help with info and pictures of this tractor, It was the inspiration for mine)

Ive noticed that Im a huge fan of oversize tires so Im going with the wheatland look for the feet on my 1466, just not giving up my flattop fenders for the orchard style fenders. Wide front and rear tires and eventually dual front and rear hydros mounted on the left and right side of the frame or perhaps under it, need to work out some details before that tho. The tires however are the next thing on the to do list. Heres a 1206 wheatland that caught my attention.

231092.jpg

(link to the restoration site, lots of nice machines brought back to life)
http://www.rhtrailer.com/not_for_sale.htm

Is there an advantage to dual fronts? It looks a little strange to me.

Latest posts

Back