• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Lets see all those off topic tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info guys. I was out "working" on it till almost 11:00pm. I really like these tractors. As far as I can tell, it's either late 60's or 70. Does anyone know when Kohler first switched over to the non S/G starter? It's a 14 horse, and boy it does sure run good. The serial# is 18889 and it's a 1614. The rear tires are 16" and front are 12". Looks like I need to find some cast 12" weights!!! It has the big push button starter like the 100's have.

I almost wished I had the dual tranny, but it's geared so low that I couldn't see needing to reduce it anymore. Or was one of the tranny's an underdrive/overdrive?

I am going to keep it original, except for adding hydraulics. However, I am only going to use existing mounts/holes to install them, so I could remove them and reinstall the strong arm lift.

The story I got is, this was garage kept all it's life. Only used to mow high areas around the previous owners house. Then used to push snow in the winter. Judging by how tight the steering and linkage is, and how much tread is left on the tires(that are very dry rotted) it may only have 500-800 hours on it. When the owner passed away, his "son" took everything he had in the garage and put it outside. This ended up in the woods where it sat for 7 years.

I guess they tried to start it, but had no luck. It wouldn't run when I got it, so all I did is clean out the fuel bowl and carb, changed the gas and oil. Took the plug out and cleaned it good. Let the motor turn over a few times to make sure no fluids were in the top end. Put it all together and it fired right up!!!

Just not too crazy about the color. Hmm maybe some IH red and white are in order?!
err.gif
I even thought about putting a 1x8/9 hood and front end on. Would look a lot like a x66 series. But I wont as it's a collectors tractor.

Tell ya what though, these tractors are sending me to the poor house!!!!
screwloose.gif
Although the wife doesn't mind, as our boy loves to come play on daddys tractors.

I'm going to ask my buddy as he knows of a website to find out more about them. They were made up till 1993! Not much changed. Going by a couple different manufactures that both used kohlers, Case and Cub, the starter switch was in 1974. However, it may have a replacement engine, Case did this alot, if you got a new short block after the starter/gen to starter switch, they got a starter block and had to change everything over. Not one of their good points. Like I said I'll let ya know when I find the website info. I'm trying to get one or two that a guy has sitting next to a shop on my way to work. Haven't found who owns them tho.
Oh, you won't be able to fit 12" weights, it has 16" wheels and the holes are farther apart, I suggest making some of your own.

David - nice find !!
There's a semi-closed former A-C dealership (last time I was there, I think that the owner was running it as more of a service to A-C restorers) that also sold Economys, about 10 miles from me. I looked at them in the early 80's before I bought the 129.. I'm going to go that way today, I'll see if anyone's around the place, just to see what info I might be able to pick up for ya. Last I remember, he had at least one Economy displayed along with some restored A-C's..

Thanks Earl, Kendell. I would really aprecciate that. When I can concentrate on doing searches, all the sites I find are down, or old and with little info. With the big snow storm we had here friday, it came in very handy. The 882 did an awesome job of moving snow around, but with not having chains, I kept loosing traction. I threw some old wheel weights on the Economy and used it to push 3' snow piles into 6' piles. Love having the dual brakes, just can't get used to the strong arm lift. (My shoulder/arm is sore today!)

Did find out that it's a '70 The K321 had sometime in the 80's been replaced with a breakerless one. I would have to belive it was done at the dealer, as all the original paint is PK orange. Cleaned the carb, new plug and wire, and it runs like it's brand new.

As far as the dual drive setup goes... from what I've found out is, the second tranny would only slow it down. Even running at 1/4 throttle in 3rd gear, I would loose traction in both wheels before I would really bog the engine down. And that was pushing a enormous amount of snow. Keeping it original, I would still like to find some type of overdrive/underdrive gear box, as high gear in this tractor, not to mention reverse, is very slow.

Earl, I was thinking the ol' cub cast 12" weights to put on the front of the tractor. I want to put 7-16 AG's on the rear, with new 3 bar 3.5 - 12 front tires. As these tires are original, and even thought they have tubes in them, I think they are just going to split/shred if I keep using them.

Here is a price list from 1965 I found. Some really neat stuff on there. Nice to see what was available back then.

Page 1
Page 2

Not a tractor but ... My buddy was talking about an old Scout that he once saw on egreed that was small like the old Broncos. I've never seen one , anybody got pics ??

I'm gonna beat Tom to posting about his 'new' tractor. He just bought a 1972 Case 444 from the original owner's family, complete with 48" 'snocaster', 48" deck, one bottom plow, sleevehitch, chains, weights, and extra wide disk. When he gets pics I'll have Q about his disk. Got some little stuff to deal with but that ain't a problem. Cleaning, greasing, etc...

Here are a few pictures of my latest addition to my fleet of garden tractors. A 1972 Case 444 with Wheel weights, chains, sleeve hitch, one bottom plow, disc set, sno-caster, and 48in deck. Needs a little work, as you can tell from the pictures this machine was well-used. Right now I am in the process of changing the rear-end oil, and Full Hydralic system oil change. I can't wait to get it back into regular service, my dad had a 444 when I was younger and I loved it, the 400 series Cases are awsome machines!!!

54188.jpg

54189.jpg

54190.jpg

here's my JD 140, not much to look at, but she runs good. I'm new to this site and not much of a cub guy. I'm a regular on WFM but can't get to it at work as it is a blocked website so I get my fix here. There are lots of nice machines here too. Hey guys, is there a photo gallery like over at WFM on this site? If so, how do I find it.

54238.jpg

Thanks a lot guys.

Carey

Carey - Welcome to the GOOD site !
Post what ya got and as for a gallery, it's find what ya can where ya can ;)

Thanks for the info. I want to be a part of all these plow days I keep seeing pics from, but all you guys are a long way from Upstate NY. I've thought about organizing a plow day someplace around where I live as there are a few farms with flat ground. The ground sure won't be like you guys have out there because we have a lot of hardpan clay and rocks that multiply with each coming year. It would be a lot of fun to come and play in your back yards.

Tom S:
I like those high wheel Cases also - Looks like you got a pretty good one (it does look like it was rode hard and put away wet, but that's really just a little paint and TLC). I always blink a couple of times when I see a pic of them, with the S/G and mower deck discharge reversed from most other machines (although, it makes ya wonder - why is right hand discharge the standard - seems like it might be more natural to trim close on the right hand side...)

I just bought a case 220 tractor from a friend. He sold it to me for $200. It should be here in a few weeks. It doesnt have the hydraulic lift though. I am going to add it however. Then another friend sold me a Johnson Model 12 loader that is actually for Jd's, for $150 with down pressure and works great. So, now, when the Case gets here, it will have brand new treads, bar treads all the way around, and a new loader. Will post pics then.

Aric

Build that frame and axles heavy on that 220, or you'll be in for a big surprise! Trust me, I've seen and heard plenty.

One thing tho, you picked a GOOD candidate for a loader, tap right into the hydraulics, I'm not certain if the pumps are the same on the 200, 400, 600 series, but I know of a yahoocase group that has alot of info. This is just incase you didn't know, I really don't know if you know or not, that case had a loader series, 644, 646, 648 that were their small construction line. You can figure alot out if look between all the lines and see the differences.

Here's a picture of a Case 646 loader tractor that Dan H., has/had. Pic is from December of 2004.

54328.jpg

Latest posts

Back