• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Pulling and Hot Rodding

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonah,

their website is www.millertire.com

Someone was selling them for 80 a piece, but I accidentally deleted the email they sent me today, perhaps they sent one to you as well.

Okay heres the secret to cheap ag tires. Your girfreind/wife has to like garage sales though.
About a month ago she was out with her mom. These two are a pair when they get to garage sales. Girlfriend sees yellow and white at one and has to stop. She calls me when she sees a pair of ag tires that still have tits on them. She says their 12X12X26 with a $40 sign on them. I tell her to offer 30. when she does the guy gets a little upset but then offers to throw in two 8.50 turfs on rims. That sounded reasonable. You can't ever underestimate the power of the better half.
happy.gif

Is there a way to make a 1250 hydro go faster, i was told there is a valve to turn???

Dustin,
I remember reading on the forum a while back that if you grind down the thickness of the swashplate in the hydro, thereby increasing the stroke of the pistons, it will make it go faster. But I also remember Bryan or someone saying it is a short lived modification and won't hold up for long. Kenny

KENNY - Seeings how that swashplate is machined, ground, hardened, lapped & polished and was first assembled in "White Room Conditions" Like We did at Farmall, I can understand why someone just "Grinding it down" would shorten it's life expecancy! If I was the young man wanting to "Go Fast" on a Cub Cadet I'd put some insanely tall tires on the back....

Then again-

wanting to run 40 mph on a Cub Cadet must either make you have a death wish or something...considering how sloppy the steering would be at those speeds. Hell, I have a Hiesler Overdrive in my Farmall M but I wont run it much above an idle in High 5th because of the narrow front. Granted we are comparing apples to oranges there, but 40 n a Cub Cadet is nuts.

Ahhh The Kid's young.... Bones heal faster when Your Young. The Heisler O/D must be set-up different than the M&W was, M&W was set-up inside the transmission so a shift into 5th gear shoved the O/D gear out of engagement with the driven gear and everything ran at rated speed, Hense M&W 9-speed, not 10 speed. Spent a LOT of time doing road work on H's & M's, a Little more speed, 18-20 MPH would have been nice With a T/A for starting out & hills.

I'm building a stock 128 puller for my nephew. I would like to put a large flywheel on the engine. How do i get the clutch driver to fit on a large flywheel? Any help will be appreciated. Kent

Dustin/Kenny W. -

Kenny's right. You shave the swashplate - you'll lose torque but pickup speed. And yes, there comes a point when you've shaved it enough that the pistons all punch thru the swashplate.

This comes from my local dealer, who did Cub Cadet hydro repair training while at <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>.

Kent it should go on just like a small flywheel if you have a Cub Cadet style ring gear flywheel

I'm new to this addiction, and need some help! I am working on building a CC106 into a "Plow Special". What tires should I get for plowing? I would like to know your experiences, preferences, etc.

Hey Ya'll,
Need some Expert advice. I'm trying to put my 12hp out of my 127 back together and wasn't paying attention to the timing marks on the crank when I took it apart. The book doesn't do it justice either. Which one of the marks do you set the cam and crank to? I have a mark on the inside of a crank lobe and one on the main part of the crank shaft.

Ed

James,
It is the line closest to the crank gear. the other is for timing the balance gears.
Kenny

Kenny,
Thanks! If all else failed that was the one I was going to use. Thanks again.
Ed

Here's another question for the forum! I did the classic St---d thing in an effort to "dry" my crankshaft counterweights. I blew it off with my air hose and I now have about a hundred needle bearings all over my garage floor. Is there a bearing replacement or do I have to replace the entire counterweight? I hope the answer is bearing. If it is, does someone know the part number? Haven't had ANY luck with the local Kohler dealer or NAPA store. The engine is a K-301, Spec 47347B, SN: 2026289. Thanks in advance.
Ed

How much tire pressure should I put in my carisle 26x12 tires on my puller for a hard track?soft track?

James Kent, I don't know where you got all those needle bearings from? there are ball bearings on Kohler cranks? they only have about 9 balls in them. now maybe your syncro balence gears I could believe that. any kohler dealer or cub cadet dealer that can read a parts book should be able to get them for you. try Madsons or C&G or folow my advice and leave them out.

Jonah thats something everyone plays with. I've seen guys as low as 4 to as high as 10 on very hard tracks. I've never run Carlise's just stones . I always ran around 5-6

Don,
The bearings are from the balance gears, not the crank. Why would you leave them out? I've always heeded your advice and never gone wrong, but don't they help in the "shake"?

Ed

they really don't help much . I don't put them in . most people couldn't tell the difference anyway.

if you do decide to use them buy new bearings for both , new snap rings & new stub shafts . that should lessen the chance of one coming out the side of the block a great deal.

Back