• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Pulling and Hot Rodding

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, there is an excellent article in the latest issue of Hot Rod Magazine (August 2003) on full-race Briggs & Stratton engines for junior dragster class. Engines are 34 cubic inch flatheads that produce 50+ hp @ 8000 rpm on alcohol! Nothing really new here as far as tricks are concerned, but what's interesting is how many aftermarket parts are available.

A worthwhile read.

theres one 30 ci B&S that ran a few pulls in NQS last winter. you can buy a lot of stuff but cubic in. to cubic inch the 30 ci.kohlers pretty much puffed it.

Kudos to the Southern Indiana Puller's for calling off the pull last night. The track was a mess!! For all you out there that may want to hook up with them, see my web page for a copy of their schedule.

Joe

Just in case someone looked yesterday, I just posted the schedule for Southern pullers today. Sorry

Joe

Do you have to get your crankshaft balanced after installing an aluminum piston and rod, since that is a weight change from a stock piston and rod. Please respond on here or email me. Thanks.

if you are using a aftermarket rod & piston , then yes you need to have the rotating assembly balenced

Do you do this at your shop Don. If so then how much does it cost or if you don't then can you tell me who does.

BJ we do our own balencing on engines we build , we currently have quite a back log. you could try Vogal Machine out of Effingham. or find a local engine shop that does balencing.

(Message edited by dvogt on July 18, 2003)

I remember a guy (his name was Vaugn (<font size="-2">sp</font>) Spurlock, he lived in northern Wisconsin in Bayfield county if I recall) putting a cycle engine into a Polaris snowmobile, he called it "Top Gun". He was working on making a kit for it but he told me that his insurance company wouldn't cover him if he sold any.

Don, didn't you used to race snowmobiles or build engines for them?

Thank you. That is what I thought the answer would be. A tech at work is trying to cross his Goldwing hobby with Cubs. I mentioned that the Series 1 KT-17's have a habbet of locking up and I would likely have to replace it sooner or latter.

Tedd,for what little it is worth,lots of us pullers running liquid cooled stuff run Gold Wing radiators,they work fantastic on the diesels. (even make good replacements for 782D etc when the radiator fails.)

I am starting a rebuild on my K241. Early indications from brakedown is that the bore will have to be bored out. While I am at it I am planning to have it bored out to 12hp specs.

I read the article about the Killer Cub but I am new to engine rebuilding.

What would be good things to concentrate on when rebuilding the motor?

This will be for a 107 tractor for lawn and snow duty.

Thanks,
Rick

Richard , Keep in mind if you go to a 12 hp bore you will need to change the wrist pin size in the rod or the piston . can't remember which way you have to go but I know they are different size's. I would advise having the rotating assembly balenced then. or you'll have to change the crank & rod to a 12 hp crank & rod & change the pan to accomidate the stroke. or you could just get yourself a 12 & work with that.

(Message edited by dvogt on July 25, 2003)

......."or you could just get yourself a 12 & work with that"..........AMEN!!!!!!

If you want 12hp, find a good used rebuildable 12hp block, you will dink around with that 10hp and have more in the "extras" and "special" configuration than you would in the 12hp swap.

BTW, a 12hp is a NICE improvement over the 10hp, my 100 (actually "120" due to the 12hp motor) flat flys with the 42" deck and fast second gear......a real mow'n machine!!!!!

(Message edited by sblunier on July 26, 2003)

Hey don' I own a 1000 and want to potentally pull it in a stock class. I got some new bar tread tires but what else do you think would be a good investment. Without blowing the budget.

I'd say a drawbar , wheelie bars & a kill switch for starters. then get your feet wet to see if you like it

don thanks for the advice.
how are the weight classes broken up? and is
the weight determined by the weight of the tractor, or the weight of the tractor and rider?

Latest posts

Back