• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

One owner that i became the owner of by default

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worth so little? I have a real hard time believing that,you haven't been in the right places with it. That tractor looks to be in amazing shape Tom. I don't understand the hydraulic though,it usually has an electric lift.
I have a 149 for the past 30+ years and owned 2 more before this one. All of them have had hydraulic lifts.

Sorry, maybe my brain misread that. Either way, that is one nice IHCC tractor/mower! My 149 runs about as good as it did 30+ years ago and has been used quite often over many years as a real workhorse. It's just not as pretty as yours.

a few more of the Cub i will say its heavy plenty of cast iron on that baby.

Attachments

• cub grill.jpg
    cub grill.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 0
  • cub dash.jpg
    cub dash.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 0
  • cub alt.jpg
    cub alt.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
  • cub regulator.jpg
    cub regulator.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 0
That's one more sharp tractor there!
You talked about Denton. Would that be Denton, NC? Not too far from me. A little over an hour from here. Keep that fine tractor, it won't eat much! :errrr:

You also mentioned a Chevelle. I would like to find a 68 SS, but they are listing for 45K and up. Too much for my budget.

That's one more sharp tractor there!
You talked about Denton. Would that be Denton, NC? Not too far from me. A little over an hour from here. Keep that fine tractor, it won't eat much! :errrr:

You also mentioned a Chevelle. I would like to find a 68 SS, but they are listing for 45K and up. Too much for my budget.
Yea we are just outside Topsail island North of Wilmington. not far from Denton.

Didn't know about it, We have done the Corvette and Chevelle show and swap meets. But i didn't know about the C-10 i guess they might let my 65,000 original miles 1 of 258 C20 in!

thomas, that is a nice-looking machine you ever got there.
View attachment 154752
the real value is in its capability and resilience. if you’re looking to flip it, you likely could. but if you keep & use it, you’ll come to appreciate it like this iHCC community would.
welcome aboard. 🚜💨
I would be very proud to own and use that machine. One of the best of the old school cubs ever, with proper care it will last for generations.

You bet!
Last of the NF's and first of the 14HP units.
I would treasure that rig as much if not more than the 3 Cubs I have restored over the last 6 years or so.
That 147 has a boatload of provenance going for it already.
Don't change a thing about it.
I'd park it in the front yard with my other units for a photo op, then pitch a lawn chair or two in the shade with a few adult beverages and just sit back and admire!!
Mater if fact, I have been known to do that a time or two on the 4th of July amid a sea of Old Glory waving in the breeze!!

Last edited:
dang i was just in your area for work.
nice looking car but i am more of a truck man.
we have car and truck shows in cape carteret(swansboro) emerald isle area and jacksonville all the time.
One of the cars we helped finish is up that way it's a Highland green 68 mustang fast back with a 5 speed and 390 gears with a 418 stroker motor and EFI, copy of the bullet rims it is a nice car, During the summer we boat but fall and spring we race and do car shows it is so much easier when it is not 500 degrees.

It's only 450 degrees today! :roflol:
Where's the vette? Haven't seen any pics of it.
The closest I have to a C-10 is an 87' S-10! :errrr: May drive my GMC down to the show, and just walk in. ;)

It's only 450 degrees today! :roflol:
Where's the vette? Haven't seen any pics of it.
The closest I have to a C-10 is an 87' S-10! :errrr: May drive my GMC down to the show, and just walk in. ;)
We have a S10 with a 408 lsq9 ,706 Heads, 4500 stall, 9" 5;13 gears, full cage and 9,5X30 slicks, Fun its gutted with lexan windows and nothing thats not needed .

Attachments

• 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
  • S10.jpg
    S10.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 408 LS.jpg
    408 LS.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 0
i work in construction in steam and boiler mechanical rooms.
this time of year in welding leathers 20min in the room soaking wet by 7:30 in the morning and walk outside it feels like air conditioning.
winter time we have to strip off insulated over to go into the room and get dressed again to walk out the door.
been doing that 28 years on the bases around here?
dont know anything else at this point except my son and i do alot of mechanic work.
right now projects are a 90 thunderbird supercoupe, 77 f150 super cab with a built up 400m, an 86 b700 with the 8.2 detroit turboed and a 2004 chevy 3500 express bus body with the LQ4 that i just started to play with.
sons play stuff is a 2000 police intercepter crown vic with several tunes/slicks/upgraded police package and a 99 superduty 4 door short bed with v10 that is pushing 500,000 that we are about to finish building a DT360 400 horse diesel to put in it.
i think my cub is the toughest mower i have ever owned myself.
grew up a texas farmboy with some big tractors that were tough but never had a garden tractor just some piece of junk even brand new mowers.

Mitchel,
I can relate some to that. I have been working almost all month in the boiler room at work also. It usually gets up to around 110 degrees there during the day. Sure will be glad when October gets here!

Latest posts

Back