• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Plow Day 12.0, October 21, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin,

Just bought the tires and put them on for Plow Day. I was hoping they would work good enough in the dirt and for snow plowing duty this winter. We'll just have to see.

Well, I won't be able to make it to PD12, there's no way I can make it this time and believe me I've tried to figure out a way to make it but it ain't gonna happen.
angry.gif

Those of you that are able to make it, PLEASE take LOTS of photos!!! As usual if you send me photos I'll make a Photo CD available (those that submit photos get a free copy). Anyone willing to take some video? If I could get an hour or so of video I could put together a PD12 video (as with photos if you submit video you'd get a free copy of the video). I prefer "Digital 8" format but I can make due with other formats email to be sure. If you do submit photos or video please be reasonable, 4 or 5 photos or 60 seconds of video isn't gonna cut it. I'm looking for a couple dozen or more photos and/or 10 minutes or more video from each person that submits stuff. Thanks in advance.
happy.gif

85 participants
66 Plowing
5 Selling
14 Spectators
57 Cub's
40 Deere
5 Other

Looks like the turn out will be great this fall!!
Have a great time and I will be watching for photo's early on Sunday morning.
happy.gif

<font size="+2">Current Plow Day Situation</font>

Monday the PD field had 1.5" of rain, Tuseday it did not see much sun or wind, today it has been foggy and spitting rain afternoon, light showers this evening, an additional .1" or more of rain as of 9pm.

IF, BIG IF, we see sun and wind on Thursday and Friday, it would probably go, but would be marginal. IF Thursday turns out to be overcast I don't think it will go.

Dad and I discussed it this evening. We will evaluate everything tomorrow night and try to make a preliminary decision to help out the Friday traveling people (this may also be the final decision, depending on tonight and tomorrow).

This is heavy black ground that is covered with bean straw, it retains moisture under the conditions we have had this week and unlike some of the lighter clay/sand mixes in IN, WI, and OH stays "greasy" on top unless it sees sun and wind. We will try and make the best decision possible, but also need to keep from creating a huge mess.

IF we go with the rain date it will be rain/shine and if we can't plow we will have a swap meet/BS session/etc.

Please bare with us as we get this thing worked out.

Steve & "Big Steve"

<font size="+2">PD12 Will Be Sat. 28th on the RAIN DATE</font>

Guys, this one is tough, but Dad and I decided that we will be having <font size="+2">Plow Day 12 on the 28th</font>.

Today was another zero drying day. Local farmers have just got back into the fields to pick corn, but it's pretty marginal for that. All of the trucks are out on the road and the auger wagons are rutting up the endrows pretty bad.

Dad tried plowing with a 782 w/12" and a gear drive 82 series w/10" and ATV tires tonight. Both balled up mud on the tires so bad it was hitting the side sheets...you could make progress, but it was ugly.

This soil absolutely will not tollerate any more moisture and unfortunately even though tomorrow looks like a good drying day, Sat is almost a sure bet for rain in every forcast I've seen. We really don't want to get all of you on the road and spending $ to get here only to find out that .1" of rain on Friday night or Saturday morning kills the whole thing (and it would, there's just no margin for error). Had we not had so much rain this week things would be different, but we have decided we were on too thin of ice and owed all of you a reasonable time frame to adjust your plans.

As of right now, next week looks promising. The schedule for Friday night plowing and Saturday's main event will be the same, but will be delayed one week until the 27th and 28th.

We know this will mess up your plans and will change who can and can't come, unfortunately there just isn't any other choice at this time.

Thank you for your understanding and we will see as many of you as possible next week!!!!

Steve and "Big Steve"

Steve, tough call, good call. As always Pat and I will be there next weekend. I hope most folks try to attend. ALOT of effort,time and fretting goes into hosting[I know] one of these events and the biggest prize in return is seeing people show up, plow and enjoy themselves. What I am saying is, let's make an extra effort to show up and support the hosts and what they are doing for OUR hobby/affliction.

Steve,
It was a good call. I still remember trying to get all of that nice rich dirt out of the fenders and external brakes from the last one you held. Which reminds me, I still have not fixed the wiring to the rear light on both tractors. My brother and I both plan on being there next Saturday, weather permitting.

Hey Steve,
Still "jacked" for Plow Day!! Hope the weather cooperates. I'm planning on comming down to HOI country this weekend.

<font size="+2">PLOW DAY 12 Announcement</font>

Ok folks, here's the deal. As of 8pm Thursday we have had .2" of rain. Assuming it does not pour and that it clears off some of the day Friday, we will probably be able to plow Saturday.

SO......Here's the schedule.

Friday Night:

Show up if you'd like, we will still have the chilli etc., so bring your lawn chair. If we can plow we will, if not we will have a good time.

Saturday:

We will make every effort to plow Saturday (Sat weather still looks good!!!).

The 4-H will still be having their food stand. Please remember to give them some business, no matter what the weather (it's hard to plan for this type of an occurance, and I don't want to see them get hurt $$$ with lots of left overs).

If for some reason it turns out too wet, we'll revert to swap-meet mode.

At this time this is the best information can give you guys. Come on over Friday/Saturday, we'll have a good time no matter what!!!

Steve

Steve,
Looks like I'll have to put off the "jacked" till the next PD. I'll be playing in the mud on Saturday anyhow, but <u>not</u> in the way I want to. Have fun everyone, and play safe.

OH, pictures we have to have pictures!

<font size="-2">(Yes, I know what I have in the opening sentence.)</font>

steve i plan on coming down saturday. anyone stoping at the petro truck stop at 39 & 38 ? what time? chris a.

<font size="+2">PLOW DAY 12 INFO</font>

We plowed a little tonight, it was wet, but tomorrow is supposed to be nice and sunny and by 10:00 AM I bet we will be able to go without issues.

We had a great evening, tomorrow should be just as much fun!!!!

See you in the morning!!

Had a great time as always.

Big thanks to everyone that made it possible!!!

Thanks to the Bluniers for another well put on show. I had a great time and met many new people.
Here's a few pics...
43453.jpg

43454.jpg

43455.jpg

Kraig, a CD will be in the mail tomorrow.

Charlie, here are some pics for you.
The first breakdown of the day.
43482.jpg

I guess this would be the 2nd
43483.jpg

Here is a better pic of that 2 bottom pull type plow.
43484.jpg

The JD400 had the ground wire on the fuel pump pulled off by mud brought around by the tire. That CC Big Country had very little trouble pulling it back to the pits. I did not find out what happened to the 582. The 2 bottom plow did a very decent job and he had no trouble pulling it with a 20 hp repowered 582. I took about 50 pictures in all. These are just a few that I have resized. I will be sending the cd to Kraig.

Back