• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

ID of wheel weights

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
I came across these wheel weights the other day and can't find anyone that knows what they fit. They definitely aren't for a cub due to the six bolt pattern and have both green and red paint on them.

Just mainly curious...Dennis? Charlie?

234247.jpg

The front and back differ so I laid them to show both.

TIA

Wayne, is there any casting number or logo? They look like front wheel weights for an IH farm tractor.

234249.jpg

WAYNE - I think KRAIG nailed the ID.

Growing up down south of the Border... the WIS & IL border that is, with the hundreds of IH M's, H's C's, and newer Super series tractors, 300/350/400/450/200/230 I never saw anyone use a set of front wheel weights on a FARMALL. Many other ways of adding frt weight were used but no wheel weights.

SO, I never knew that those frt wheel weights WOULD FIT on the rear wheels of a Cub Cadet. They weight 42# each, and to mount on a CC you use one of the recessed holes and the hole 180 degrees across from it. The bolt circle is the same, the weights just seat inside the very last little lip on the rim or butt up against it, they're larger in diameter so won't recess inside the bead of the rim like the CC weights do. I learned THAT @ PD #1.

SO I'd grab them, they should have an IH logo cast in them somewhere. And they'll fit a CC. Most IH weights now bring A Buck a pound, sometimes less as is the case with the H/M/C one-piece rear wheel weights which weigh 150# and normally cost $60-$80/pair. So any price less than $80-$100 for the pair is good, YMMV, and all the other disclaimers apply.

Denny, I got a pair of fronts for a 656 my uncle gave me (705985R1). He used suitcase wts. when he mounted rear cultivator. I guess easier on & off the front bracket. I use for added weight on my 60" modified Hahn open spoon aerator, Cat.0 or pull type when I add the tongue.
Slant%20Tongue.gif
Got snowblowin' twice yesterday & once for cleanup today!

Thanks guys

Kraig

The paint threw me off completely but the ones you show are them. There is a casting number but it's hard to see from rust. It all makes sense because the owner, a farmer, was an IH man and had a MTA as well as a Super A and a 424 with a loader. He died back in 1986 two years after I moved in. I'd like to sell them for his daughter who is the only one left in the family (only child) along with his 96 year old wife who is in a rest home.

Does anyone have a good estimate as to worth? I can easily put a coat of paint on them for asthetics. The rust can be put to a minimum with electrolysis and maybe reveal the numbers. There is no personal profit made here; I'm just trying to get their worth for her.

Thanks again for all of the input.

Those weight dont look the same. One is without a doubt a IH weight but the one on the left looks different. Deer John maybe? You did say one was green.

Tom

The one on the left is the same I belive as it is the backside of the weight on the right.
At least that is what we have been told in the first posting.

Tom-

The weights are exactly the same. Reread what I wrote below the pic in my original post. They are the same as Kraig posted pics of. They both have red and green paint on them and that's mainly what confused me. I've never noticed this style on a Farmall before but that doesn't mean anything.

The green paint looks to be Oliver green, just faded, and not sure if IH weights actualy fit Oliver but would take a chance and guess they would work.

OR
They may have been on the front end of an old ditch mowing tractor operated by a town or highway department years ago. Some of them used non red tractors.

Ahhh din't see that. They ARE the same.

Lonny,
Didn't the Oliver's have a stamped steel dish wheel? I don't think it was a 3 hole pattern.
I think it you look closer you will find out the IH <u> OR</u> the "Old" round IHC logo on 'em.
I think those weight fit the A, B, C, H, W4, W6,(maybe the W9) and the SUPERS too.

Those weights are for IH letter series tractors. Thats why they have the three hole design, to fit in the cast front wheels. I have a set mounted on my Farmall B tractor. Kraig nailed it
thumbsup_old.gif

Tom
Oliver used different front wheel and hub styles over the years.
Would not be to hard to make a pair of IH weights bolt onto them I don't think.
234283.jpg

234284.jpg

234285.jpg

234286.jpg

234287.jpg

Sorry for all the green tractors but at least its not JD green.

Back