• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How do I raise the hitch hight on my 122.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljones

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Lucas Jones
Any Ideas on how to make one of these to fitt a 122

189482.jpg

LUCAS - I hope that's a pic of a crapsman painted Green. Can't be a "Real Tractor" since I can't see any cast iron!

There was a real good discussion 2-3 yrs ago showing everyone's solution to raising hitch height on CC's. There's plenty of solid mounting points to pick up off of. Most of the versions shown on the old discussion used a normal 2" square reciever tube.

For towing my 3000# cap. dump trailer with my 982 I made a short drawbar that bolts onto my cat.O 3-pt to sleeve hitch adapter so I can raise/lower the hitch plus it moves the hitch weight farther back giving me more traction at the loss of weight on the frt wheels. I must be getting a LOT of weight on the hitch because with full loads the frt tires often leave the ground! Also gets the hitch on the cart away from the 3-pt lower links which means I can actually turn shorter and back into more difficult locations.

You don't really say what you plan to tow with the taller hitch, but my opinion is ANYTHING that's quickly adjustable will be much more usable and handy than something that isn't. Several years ago My Buddy left his 14 ft tandem axle trailer here for several weeks. I had a 2" hitch ball on the 3-pt to sleeve adapter then, I could back up, raise the hitch ball and move that trailer anywhere and never have to get off the tractor.

Maybe Kraig will see this discussion and post some pic's from the archives. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination and fabrication skills.

Lucas, here are a couple of hitches that Richard Christensen made. The first version was designed for use on a wide frame and mounts into the holes used for the 3 point top cast part. This could be adapted to work on a narrow frame.

189626.jpg

189627.jpg

189628.jpg

189629.jpg

189630.jpg

Here's a second style that does not use the 3 point top mounting holes.

189631.jpg

189632.jpg

LUCAS - I was lurking over across the RR tracks (WEFM) and someone posted pic's of a trailer hitch using a reciever tube attached to his sleeve hitch so it's able to be raised up & down. Might want to check that out too. Lots of pic's.

LUCAS - I was lurking over across the RR tracks (WEFM) and someone posted pic's of a trailer hitch using a reciever tube attached to his sleeve hitch so it's able to be raised up & down. Might want to check that out too. Lots of pic's.
Are these still being made?

Latest posts

Back