• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Ground hornets

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife accidentally parked the garden tractor right on top of a ground wasp nests a few weeks back. She was mowing around the garden fence and stopped to move something. Thankfully she shut the tractor off. When she went to get back on she noticed a swarm of wasps around it. I waited until almost dark and there were still a few flying around. I put on my insulated coveralls a mesh face mask gloves and made sure there were no exposed areas and hopped on the tractor, started it up and drove off. After I was well away from the area I stopped and opened the hood and a couple dozen of them were clustered around the radiator. I got a can of wasp spray and took care of them then took care of the ground nest.

Now I have a bald face hornets nest at the farm to get rid of.

IMG_7114.jpeg

When on the farm we would take a stick long enough to reach the next from a safe distance, wrap an old burlap sack around it and tie it with wire. soak it up good with waste oil and gas, lite it and hold it over the nest, or up to the nest. The would attack the fire and not bother the stick or us on the other end. Works for wasp also on a smaller scale.

I doused the hornet nest with wasp and hornet spray last night after 10:00. Hopefully that takes care of them.

I'll trade with you. I have a Japanese hornet nest somewhere near my house.
They fly mostly at night, unlike most bees which move during the day. They will come to light. They are about 2 inches long, and sound almost like a gas powered model plane when they fly. :yikes:

My wife accidentally parked the garden tractor right on top of a ground wasp nests a few weeks back. She was mowing around the garden fence and stopped to move something. Thankfully she shut the tractor off. When she went to get back on she noticed a swarm of wasps around it. I waited until almost dark and there were still a few flying around. I put on my insulated coveralls a mesh face mask gloves and made sure there were no exposed areas and hopped on the tractor, started it up and drove off. After I was well away from the area I stopped and opened the hood and a couple dozen of them were clustered around the radiator. I got a can of wasp spray and took care of them then took care of the ground nest.

Now I have a bald face hornets nest at the farm to get rid of.

View attachment 155158
LOL,Friday night I shot 2 nests like that out of the tree with a12gauge,obliterated the nests!

LOL,Friday night I shot 2 nests like that out of the tree with a12gauge,obliterated the nests!
I thought about doing something like that but was afraid it would just piss them off.

Latest posts

Back