• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Won't shift to third gear.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sittingmule

Hi all

I have a 124 that I've been trying to get sound. I have gotten everything running good but now I can't get tractor to shift to third gear. I've pulled cover and original couldn't get second or third to shift. I pried the gear to free it up and got it to go into second gear. Everything looks fine I don't see any burrs or anything that would prevent third from shifting but it still won't budge forward and if I shift second out too hard it really sticks. Any ideas in wondering if main shaft is bent a little and preventing it from going forward. Would it be more likely that second/third sliding gear would be more likely to twist or have problems?

Thanks
Chris

Hi all

I have a 124 that I've been trying to get sound. I have gotten everything running good but now I can't get tractor to shift to third gear. I've pulled cover and original couldn't get second or third to shift. I pried the gear to free it up and got it to go into second gear. Everything looks fine I don't see any burrs or anything that would prevent third from shifting but it still won't budge forward and if I shift second out too hard it really sticks. Any ideas in wondering if main shaft is bent a little and preventing it from going forward. Would it be more likely that second/third sliding gear would be more likely to twist or have problems?

Thanks
Chris
No help?

Back