• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Flex Honing grits

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
Dennis, Kraig, Gerry, Ken, or anyone with the answer...

I have a couple of engines I want to refresh by doing a quick honing...a K241 in particular. My question is to do this what grit flex hone should I get for starters? There are several different grits offered. I've seen as low as 60 and as high as 600. I wouldn't mind getting a few different grits and do them in succession.

Any input will be appreciated.

I think it's in the Kohler manual. Been so long I've forgot what I use to "BORROW" to do mine. That's one thing I never did buy. Got a wheel cylinder hone but it's not big enough LOL !

From the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Kohler service manual:

229023.jpg

229024.jpg

229025.jpg

Kraig (and Ken)-

I have a Kohler manual but it shows nothing like Kraig posted. My version is GSS-1465 W/Revision 1 and it's dated August, 1979. I assume they didn't include certain aspects of rebuilding?

Anyway, thanks for the input. I'm not quite there yet but I want to have what I need when the time comes. I have a K241 in good shape I want to install in the 109 because it just stopped starting about 6 mos ago. She was real tired though. I have another K241 in the 86 I just bought too. I also have several K301s I'd like to freshen up so my winter indoor work is planned.

Back