• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Firewood

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't ya know, the ONLY way they can make any John Deere run better is to add Cub Cadet IH parts to it!
biggrin.gif

I still can't understand why he split the first few logs on the left and then had to go around the one left setting there, LOL
He did wise up at the end though.

It's still a pretty cool setup!

I agree it's a cool set up...just using the wrong theme. That could just as easily been yellow with a big IH on the rear. I guess he didn't want to degrade that green thing pulling it.

He did goof using cable instead of hydraulics IMO for the lifting arm. It seemed too slow and acted like it was straining a little much.

And one more thing, why would someone use rubber matting, which I think would interfere with the handling of the wood round on the stage. I guess here he was trying to protect the paint job.

When splitting wood like that I would never put my hand on top of the log. I always hold the side. It's too easy to get your hand between the log and the splitter. The wife runs the splitter while I load and stack. She knows, because I am very critical of hand position, to never put your hand on the end of the log.

was splitting wood when I found this wrapped around the wedge after busting a stump in two.

a piece of 6 gauge wire

299467.jpg

My pile is about complete, 21 feet by 21 feet by 5 foot high.
299906.jpg

Thanks Kraig,
I have free fall membership openings at my Firewood Fitness Club ,,,lol
workouts guaranteed

Jeff, I too have offered free fitness workout memberships to family and friends. So far no takers.

Kraig and Jeff, I noted that the stacking part is labor intensive, and, yes, is a real body builder. But I wondered if there was an actual device to handle and stack split firewood. Well I suppose that some conveyor belt systems might work to move it but nothing to go side to side for nice stacks. Oh well, half of this concept just went down river!
But, I found that someone designed a device to align and feed split fire wood. seems like a neat idea, take a look.
http://www.google.com/patents/US8616363\
Guy must have been watching a concrete truck for his concept. But alas it seems that none of these were ever built. So sorry guys, keep going the old fashion way.

I thought I would try something 4 days ago, so I stuck a 18" log in the stove to see how it would do.
Turns out it did very well!
300884.jpg

Soooo,
Today I decided that a 22 incher would be my next target!
300885.jpg

300886.jpg

that would be the limit on my door size of 23x23, but I do like sticking big ones in there.

Do you put anything else in with the big ones

I put a couple small 6" Tamaracks in at first to get it going good.

I'll wait till it gets colder to stick those 26/28 inchers in the background of that second pic.

Ah yes, a roller pallet seems to be very convenient to load the furnace. Roll up to the furnace, hit the breaks and away we go!
But how did that giant chunk of log get on the pallet in the first place ???
1a_scratchhead.gif

Allen,
All I do is roll alongside the wood pile, take the Paul Bunyan tooth pick and roll the log on the roller.
Open door
drive the load in
Tilt the fork rollers
slide wood in
back out
close door
drive tractor back in the shop.
Takes about 5 minutes from start up to shut down, LOL
It's just to freakin much fun loading it up!

Allen, just in case, let me interpret for you. A "Paul Bunyan tooth pick" is also known as a "Peavey" and this is what it looks like:

300893.jpg

And how it is used:

300894.jpg

Latest posts

Back